Chapter 63

Natasha's pov:

'Meet me downtown at 1:30.'

'Why?'

'I want to see you again, Natalia. And, I have a proposition for you.'

'I hope you don't expect me to come alone.'

'It would be best if you did.'

'That's not happening, Alexi.'

'Very well. Then, I will bring back up also.'

'You may only bring one other. The teams will be even.'

'Sounds fair enough. Don't bring the asset, I'm tired of seeing him. Bring someone new, will you?Anyway. See you there, darling.'

red-anonymous signed off

"Bucky." I call for his as I walk out into the living room.

"Madame?" He answers.

"Let's go." I beckon him as I step into the elevator.

"Where are we going?" He asks.

"If you trust me and want to help me, you will come with me. If not, I'll take Clint. Do you want to accompany me, or will Clint? Tony is also an option." I say.

"Sure, I'll come." Tony stands.

"Nope. I'm coming." Bucky stands and walks to the elevator.

"Then hurry up. We don't have much time." I say.

"Can you at least tell us where you are going?" Tony arches an eyebrow.

"Nope. Don't come looking." I say that last part seriously, and they caught on to that.

As the elevator goes down, Bucky asks "Why can't you tell me where you're going?"

"Where we're going, is for me to know and for you to follow and support me. If you change your mind, now is the time to do it. If you don't want to come, send Clint or Tony down." I suggest Tony and Clint because I know he wont like either of them alone with me.

"No, I'm coming. Are you in trouble?" He asks concerned.

"If you do your job in supporting me, no." I answer.

"...Where are we going, Natalia." His voice is serious.

We reach the bottom floor. I head out the doors and to the parking lot. I don't answer him, because I know he wont let me go if he knew who we were going to see. I need to know what's up with Alexi, and what this proposition is. I hop in the drivers and Bucky hops in the passengers.

"Why are you driving? You usually make me drive. What's going on with you? Where are we going?" He is concerned and serious.

"Stop asking, because I'm not going to tell you. Last chance, go get Clint if you don't wanna come." I say.

"Nobody's going with you until you tell me where we're going." He says sternly.

"Then I go alone." I say darkly.

"What are we doing, Natalia?" His voice goes dark too.

"Do you want to come or not?" I ask.

"Not until you tell me what we're doing." He crosses his arms.

"Then get out of the car, I'll call Clint myself." I take out my phone and unlock it.

He grabs the phone out of my hand and turns it off.

"Where. Are. We. Going." He snaps.

"That's it. We're leaving." I start pulling out of the parking lot.

"You can jump out now, if you want." I say.

He grabs the steering wheel, forcing me to stop before we can go any further. I give him a mean look.

"Tell me." He snap.

"Get out before I make you. And give me my phone." I hold out my hand.

"No. I'm not leaving until I know why you're being so secretive about this." He says.

I narrow my eyes. I fire up the Widow's Bite that I had hidden under Clint's sweater.

"Get out." I snap.

He looks at the sparks with alarm.

"No." He says.

I zap him with the W.B and he loses consciousness for a moment. I push him out of the car and drive away. I guess I'll have to call Clint. I grab the phone he dropped and dial Clint's number.

"Nat?" Clint asks.

"Get down here fast, you're coming with me. Bucky doesn't want to." I say.

"Ok, on my way. Can I ask where we're going?" He asks.

"Nope. Do you trust me and have my back?" I ask.

"Always. Why?" He sounds concerned.

"I just need a little backup." I say.

"K. I'm here." He says.

I pick him up at the front doors to the avengers headquarters and drive off.

As we're driving, Clint seems a little uncomfortable.

"Why didn't Bucky want to come?" He asks.

"He kept asking where we were going, and wouldn't let me go until I told him. I didn't tell him, but I kicked him out of the car. He left me no other choice. After that, it was either you of Tony. I chose you because I thought maybe we could get coffee after." I say.

"Sweet. Glad I came." He smiles and nods.

"Good. Where'd you put your arrows?" I ask.

"Backseat with the bow." He responds coolly.

"Good. How many arrows?" I ask.

"Probably around 30, and I brought a gun, why?" He asks.

"Perfect."