Chapter 65

Sorry for the short chapter m80s there were difficulties.

Natasha's pov:

The nervous tension between me and Clint is ridiculous as we wait for the elevator to open on our floor. We're gonna fucking die.

Ding.

We step into the living room and see and angry Steve, Tony, and... dreadfully, Bucky.

"Hey fellas." I smile as I walk into the room, trying to act as chill as possible.

"You tased Buck?" Steve raises his eyebrows.

"Yes." I reply sincerely with no remorse.

"Where did you guys go?" Tony asks.

"I had to speak with a friend of mine." I lean my arms on the couch.

"Who?" Bucky asks concerned.

He gets worried when I don't respond.

"...You went out to see that redhead asshole, didn't you?" He cocks his head in anger.

"I knew if I told you wouldn't let me go. I didn't have any other choice, Barnes." I defend myself against the angry soldier.

"He could have hurt you!" He retorts.

"No, not really. That's why I took Barton with me. I needed the back up. We were in no danger. Neither of us were there to fight. We just needed to talk." I explain.

"What did you guys talk about." Tony asks.

"That's classified information." I answer flatly.

"Barton?" Steve goes to him for answers.

"Sorry man. What happens downtown stays downtown." He says as he leaves for his room.

They all look at me with weird concerned expressions.

"...Not what it sounds like." I throw my arms up in defense

"That was reckless, Nat." Steve scolds.

"Don't even gEt ME STARTED ON YOU STEVE." Bucky glares at him.

"Reckless? Maybe a little. Stupid? ot so much. I got the info I wanted, and so did he. That's all that matters." I brush them off with a sigh.

"What do you mean? What kind of info?" Tony asks concerned.

"That is of no concern to you." I say.

"If put yourself and Barton in jeopardy, I think we deserve to know." Tony makes a comeback.

"Right. It was me and Clint who made the slight risk. Not you. The info is for us to know and for you to possibly find out later." I turn on my heel and head into my room.

"Nat, wait." Steve calls our to me, but I shut the door.

As soon as I sit in my chair, the door swings open to reveal a still angry Bucky.

"Shut the door, then we'll talk." I say.

He shuts the door and then crosses his arms.

"Sorry you made me tase you." I apologize with a pout.

"You're damn right I wouldn't have let you go had I known." He narrows his eyes.

"Everything turned out fine and as planned." I try to ease the soldier.

"What if it didn't?" He asks.

"We were prepared." I defend.

"You aren't leaving anymore without telling me where you're going." He sets down a rule he probably expects me to follow.

"Do you... Think I care?" I chuckle a little.

He steps forward and leans his hands on the arm rests of my chair. He looms over me darkly.

"You will." He speaks in an unsettling dark tone.

He's trying to intimidate me, but I can't let that happen.

"...You're cute." I smile and give him a peck to ease the tension.

A kiss that he certainly wasn't expecting, because he just stands there, shocked for a moment. His face turns a light shade of pink after processing what just happened.

"...You ok soldier?" I ask, not dropping my cheeky smile.

"...Don't try to change the subject." He warns with a still pink face.

"Alright alright, I get it. That was reckless, don't do it again. I know. Never heard that before..." I roll my eyes and cross my arms dramatically.

"Are you sure? This isn't the first time you've done something dangerous and reckless, doll." He asks.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Shut up." I give him another peck.

As I start pulling away from him, he pulls me back. I wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arm around my waist, and the other goes in my hair. He lifts me so I'm standing. I stand on my toes so that he doesn't have to bend over much. He holds me tightly to his chest, as if someone was trying to tear us apart.

"Please... Try to stop being so reckless?"