Chapter 80: The Aftermath

I realize i forgot to name the last chapter lol rip

Natasha's pov:

I wake up and see the world around me is black, very slowly getting brighter. I can't see or hear anything still. I'm in a hospital bed, I can feel it. I scan the room for anything, but see nothing. I realize that my hand is cuffed to the bed. A feeling all too familiar. I pull against it, to test it's strength. I can feel that I'm still in my Black Widow suit, thankfully. I must be in a Hydra facility. I feel the tear streaming down my face. I feel pain in my chest when I sit up. I touch my chest and feel gauze around it, under the suit. My vision is slowly coming back, but it's blurry. I'm in a bright room, but everything still looks dark. When I feel someone wipe a tear off my face, I jump back. I yank against the cuff. I look back at the person and see a dark figure, not unlike the one who captured me yesterday. Black suit with a blurry red mark on the bicep. He's noticeably large, so he must be the one guarding me and making sure I don't escape. Smart to put a big guy here. I start to panic when I see the tools on the desk. I frantically feel around my hips for my utility belt.

"W-where's my utility belt? Where did you put it?" I ask in a panic filled tone.

I hear noise, but no words.

I grab a spare knife that was hidden in my boot and start trying to frantically pick the lock on the cuffs. The soldier tries to stop me and grab my arms, but I pull back. I try to fight against him, but he grabs my free arm. I feel a cold metal cup my cheek, and I turn my complete attention to it. I stop fighting against him and try to make sense of the cold metal. He rubs my cheek with his thumb. Instinctively, I lean into the hand. He releases my other hand and rests it on my thigh comfortingly. I now recognize the dark suit and the red mark on the bicep. The red mark begins to take shape. I trace the strange red shape with my finger. The soviet star. And my vision gets brighter, the arm turns silver. I hear the man talking, but I hear no words. I run my hand over the metal arm. I feel tears streaming down my face again in relief. I rip my arm away and break the cuffs. I wrap my arms around the soldier, and he does the same.

"Give me back my utility belt." I growl as I dig my nails into his neck.

"I thought you were dead." He only hugs me tighter.

"I thought you were for Hydra!" I scold.

He pulls away.

"I know. Do you know how painful it was for me? To see you fighting me and trying to run away, because you thought I was going to bring you to Hydra? I was telling you it was me, but you couldn't hear me. I was trying to save you, but you wouldn't let me!" He says.

"I only got to see the black suit and red logo." I defend myself.

"...I figured." He says lowly.

"James, my utility belt." I order.

"Nope. You're not stable yet." He teases.

I growl and hop off the bed. I search around the still blurry room for it. I try to exit the room, but walk into the doorway.

"You still can't see yet, Natalia!" He drags me back to the bed and sits me down.

"James, I need it! They're still after me! What if they bust in, and I'm unarmed?" I cross my arms.

"They wont. We made sure we weren't followed." He rests his hands on my thighs as a silent order to stay.

"I'm getting my belt, with or without you." I narrow my eyes, and my vision is coming back slowly.

"No, you're not." He pins me to the bed.

"James, I'm going home anyway." I argue?

"Going home? No the fuck you're not." He furrows his eyebrows.

"I'm fine, I just need to chill for a little. Super human healing?" I remind.

"Uh, bullet wound through the chest?" He acts like I don't know.

"James, I'm going home. I feel fine, fuck you." I try to escape his grasp and almost succeed.

He pins my down harder.

"Soldier! Be careful with Romanoff!" The doctor walks in.

"She was trying to escape." Bucky argues.

"Figures. Romanoff, we need to run tests on you. You're not leaving for two days." The doctor says blandly.

"Uhum, bet?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Bet." The doctor says confidently.

I smirk at his confidence. I pick up my phone and dial Clint.

"Hey Nat, you ok?" He asks.

"Yup. I need you to pick me up. Bucky's being an asshole." I glare at him.

"Cool. That means you'll spend more time with me today! I'll be there in an hour." He hangs up the phone.

Bucky give me a mean look, and I smile back.

"Ms. Romanoff, you aren't fit to leave yet." The doctor arches an eyebrow.

"Yes I am. I can see now." I say.

"The fact that you couldn't before is horrible." The doctor furrows his eyebrows.

"But I'm better now. I can hear too."

"That implies something even worse." He sighs.

"И я думал, что Гидра будет плохой..." I sigh.

"Cut your shit out." Bucky crosses his arms.

"No. I'll complain all I want Barnes." I smile innocently.

"Oh boy. I'm not leaving you though." He sits back down in the chair.

"О боже, я застрял с ним!" I whine.

"I hate you." He smiles fondly.

"Not as much as I hate you." I smile back.

"Делать ставку?"

"Дa." I raise my eyebrows.

"Я чертовски люблю тебя так сильно." He huffs with longing.

"Я люблю тебя еще больше." I challenge.

"Делать ставку?"