Chapter 98: He's Suspicious

Natasha's pov:

I wake up in my bed at 4:30 am. He's still asleep. I do my best to slip out of his arms without waking him, and surprisingly succeed. I throw on my Black Widow suit, and prepare for the mission that Alexei sent me via text yesterday. I took a screenshot of it, because he had to delete the text. For my next mission, I have to steal something for Hydra. I'm not sure what it is, and they wont tell me. I need to retrieve a briefcase from somebody. I guess he owes Hydra. As I'm slipping the guns into my holsters, I realize that Bucky is still in danger of Hydra. If I screw up a mission, they'll come for him. I leave a gun next to him on the bed, and hopefully he'll get the idea and keep it. Just before I open the door, he stops me.

"Where are you going?" I hear his raspy voice telling me that he just woke up.

"Mission."

"Why so early?"

"Mission's at 5. I need to leave. Now." I walk out the door.

Bucky's pov:

Where the fuck is she  going at 4 30 in the morning? Fury what the fuck? Two missions in a row? At very inconvenient times? I should talk to him, but I'm trying to trust Natalia on this, so I wont. I know it's against my better judgement, but I think I owe her this. Maybe I just shouldn't ask too many questions. She is a spy, after all. I still can't help but worry. She's been acting off. Maybe I should follow her if something weird happens again. Just to make sure everything's ok. he wont have to know. I'll see how she is when she gets back. If she's acting funny, I'll investigate further.

Natasha's pov:

I'm at the gas station where I'm supposed to meet the guy. It's just a little outside of town. Soon enough, I see a man pull up in a gray van and step out with a silver briefcase. He's meeting me behind the station, so nobody can see. From his beefy body, I can already tell he's a trained fighter. No wonder he's involved with Hydra. He approaches me with the case.

"Black Widow?" He has a deep voice.

"Yup."

"Do you like coffee?"

"I prefer tea. Lemon balm."

"Good." He grunts.

"I believe that package is for Hydra."

"Yeah. Here."

He hands me the case and heads back for his car. As he pulls away, he rolls down the window.

"Hail Hydra." He nods his head to me.

I don't respond. He drives off without a trace. I then take the package to the other side of the town, where I'm supposed to hand it to the red guardian himself.

I meet him in an abandoned neighborhood. I pull my car over and see him waiting for me in a black van. I head over to it and tap on the glass. He then glares at me and steps out of the car, meeting me on the sidewalk.

"Natalia, you're late."

"Your delivery guy was late, so I was too."

"You know what happens when you're late, Natalia. I don't care why you're late." He crosses his arms.

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Who's getting it? You, or him?"

"Just take the damn package you stupid cunt!"

He cracks me across the jaw. He doesn't have very good aim. He sends his fist into my chest and knocks me to the floor. He slaps me across the face one last time.