Chapter 112: It's a Little Hot In Here...

Natasha's pov:

"It's kinda late, are you sure you don't want to go to bed?"

"Yeah, I'm not tired anyway."

"...Alright. Wake me when you need me to hold your arm. I wont mind, so don't even think about using those cuffs." He warns.

"Or what?"

"Or I'll be pissed." I raises his eyebrows.

"Alright, sure thing soldier." I turn off the light and the room goes dark. I whip out my phone and turn my entire attention to it.

After about and hour, I'm sure he's asleep. And after about 10 minutes of silent crying, I decide I'm going to take a little walk. I quietly slip out of my bed and throw on my boots. I try to zip them up as silently as possible, but it isn't so silent. He doesn't wake though, thank god. I find that zipping my jacket is even louder and guess what? He still doesn't wake. He doesn't even stir, by some miracle. I go to the bathroom, and start brushing through my hair. It takes maybe a minute to make my hair look nice again. I step back into the main room and see Bucky zipping up his jacket. He's fully prepared with boots and I even see his phone in his pocket. He seems unbothered by seeing me awake.

"I sincerely hope you didn't plan on leaving me here...?" He trails off calmly.

"I- I was just going for a walk. I'll be back, I'm not leaving forever."

"Good."

"Wait, where are you going?"

"Um, with you?" He arches an eyebrow.

"Um, no, no." I push him back and he sits on he bed.

"You don't have to come, it's fine..." I say awkwardly.

"I know I don't have to, but I want to." He stands.

"No, you're not coming. You should rest. You haven't slept very well the past few nights."

"Neither have you, and yet, you want to take a walk at 1 am." He crosses his arms.

I roll my eyes and grab my phone.

"Let me find the key to the room, and we can go." He begins to scan the room for the room key.

I slip away and out the door. Just before I shut the door, a metal hand quickly and harshly blocks the way. He opens the door and steps out, shutting it behind him.

"Almost." He purses his lips.

I sigh and look away.

We walk down the stairs and down the sidewalk. He strolls calmly at my side with his hands in his pockets.

"...Why did you want to come with me?"

"I told you. I don't trust you alone. Leaving you alone with your own mind is a dangerous thing."

"How?" My voice is monotone.

"Your brain lies to you. It tells you things that aren't true, and that causes you to be reckless. It causes you to hurt yourself, intentionally or not. You hurt yourself and others around you."

I don't respond.

We come across a dark and mysterious alley, and I stop in my tracks. He doesn't. He's a couple steps ahead before he realizes I stopped. He walks backwards back towards me, staring into the darkness.

"Why... Are you staring at that alley?"

"Looks interesting."

"No, no." He shakes his head.