Chapter 45

Natasha's pov:

I hear some banging in the vents. When suddenly, Clint falls into my room through the air duct.

"Natasha, there are 28 Black Widows all working for Hydra?" He huffs in obvious panic.

"What? No! Is that what you guys thought?" I say.

"Yes! Tell me it's not true, Nat. Tell me there aren't more of you!" He shouts.

I exit the room to see everyone in terror, and Bucky trying to calm them down to the best of his ability.

"Guys!" I shout to get all of their attention.

They all look at me in awe.

"...28 of you?" Tony asks, showing the terror in his voice.

"No, you guys have it all wrong! I'm the only Black Widow agent!" I correct them.

"Then what was all of that about 28 of them?" Steve asks with a terrified expression.

"There used to be 28 Black Widow agents in training. None of them made it out of the training to see their first mission. They all died in training. I was responsible for most of their deaths." I try to calm them down best I can.

A moment of horrified silence befalls us.

"...What?" Clint asks.

"I was the only Black Widow agent to survive the training. I killed the majority of them. I am the only, and last, Black Widow agent that worked for Hydra." I say.

"...You killed all the other Black Widows?" Tony is shocked.

"Not all of them, but most of them, yes. They had us all fight to the death, and I was responsible for most of their deaths." I say.

"...Oh my god. You think that makes us feel better? Now we know that you killed them all and were the only survivor. We live with the most dangerous of the bunch." Sam says sarcastically.

"Well at least I'm not with Hydra anymore, or else you'd all be dead. Especially if it's between me and Bucky, who, mind you, trained every single one of us. He can do everything that I can do too, and there are more Winter Soldiers. Why are you afraid of the one Black Widow and not the numerous Winter Soldiers?" I remind them.

They all just stare at me and Buck in a shocked silence.

"...Wow, that's terrifying." Clint breaks the silence.

"So, let's go over the facts. There were 28 Black Widow agents in training, but only 1 of the 28 survived. That was me. I killed off most of the other 27 of us. The Winter Soldier trained us, and taught me almost everything I know. There are, or at least were, 5 other Winter Soldiers not including Buck. Bucky was the original Winter soldier and the only one to not lose sanity, which is why he was the one to train us Black Widows. The other 5 Winter Soldiers that went insane had to be terminated, as they were no longer of any use. It's likely that Hyrda is working on another batch of Winter Soldiers and Black Widows. So, just because there is only one Widow now, doesn't mean there wont be more. Same goes for the Winter Soldier. Everyone all clear?" I need confirmation from these guys.

Everyone but Bucky nods their head in terrified agreement. Bucky smiles at me giving him credit.

"...I don't know what's scarier; 28 Black Widow agents... or 1." Clint says darkly.

Everyone looks and stares at Clint.

"Why... Would you say something like that?" Tony says.

"Why did you think that was a good idea?" Sam asks.