Chapter 25

Natasha's pov:

Me, Tony, Steve, Bucky, Clint, and Sam were all hanging out in the living room when my son decided to swing by for a visit.

"Mr. Stark!" A sweet boy in a red and blue spandex with a backpack came in through the elevator.

Everyone was happy to see him, except Bucky and Sam, who weren't too pleased. Except for them, pretty much everyone likes him.

"Hey, kid." Stark responds, a grin on his face.

"Guess what?" He asks excitedly.

"What?"

"I aced my math test!" He smiled the sweetest smile.

"Good. What about your history test?" Tony asks.

Peter looks a little distraught.

"B+..." He he says quietly and looks ashamed, not looking Tony in the eyes.

"Hmmmmmm." Tony hums, giving him a not too pleased look.

"Leave him alone, Stark." I hiss.

I stand up and hold out my arms. The boy looks excited and jumps into my arms, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I wrap my arms around him in return.

"Good job on the test, don't listen to Tony. He's just being mean." I give Tony a death glare, causing him to gulp.

I release the boy and he walks over too Tony. He hands Tony a paper.

"Just in case... You wanted to... You know... Attend?" He quickly runs to the elevator.

When he enters the elevator he looks at me again.

"Bye, mama pauk!" He quickly presses the button.

"Malen'kiy pauk." I smile back at him as the doors close.

I turn back around and Tony's reading the paper with a grin. I see Bucky wide eyed, counting on his fingers. As soon as he finishes counting, he looks back up at me with a shocked expression.

"You were 17?" He asks, wide eyed. He forgot. Good.

"He's not my biological son! I just adopted him." I snap.

"Peter? No, He's my son." Tony buts in.

"Excuse you?" I can't believe what I just heard.

"You're excused." He says kinda blankly.

"He's my spider son, Tony!" I shout.

"I'm the one who let him join as an avenger!" He stands.

"He's a child! You put him in dangerous situations! What kind of father does that make you?" I argue.

"He loves it here! You're just jealous that he likes me more than you! I made his suit!" He makes a comeback.

"He calls me spider mom! Does he call you iron dad?" I pull out the nicknames.

"So what? That doesn't mean anything! You can't just take him from me!" Tony retorts.

"I already did! He's my spider son, get over it!" I snap.

Everyone is watching this showdown. Nobody ever argues with me, so this is a once in a lifetime experience.

"This is not over." He says firmly as he sits back down, continuing to read the paper.

I sit back down as well. They will not take my child again. Never again. Nothing will happen to that child. Over my dead body, will anything happen to my son.

I get up and go to my room. I need to cool off.

When I get to my room, I take a sip from the bottle of vodka on my desk.

Bucky's pov:

"You know, Nat seems mad. Buck, you should go check up on her." Sam teases.

"I swear to god-" I say quietly, but I'm cut off.

"Guys." Steve interrupts. "Sam's right."

I give him a death glare. Steve doesn't seem too effected by it.

"Fine." I get up and enter her room, not even bothering to knock. I don't even need to anymore.

Natasha's pov:

The door opens and a familiar super soldier steps in, rushing to shut the door.

"What can I help you with?" I ask, pretty monotone.

"...I just want to say how much I appreciate that you didn't go too far with the spider theme. Spider kid scares me." He admits.

"I hope you don't have a problem with my son...?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Well, no. He just scares me. You scared me too. I thought you were 17 when you had your first child." He sighs, clearly still forgetting something.

"He likes you, you know." I tell him.

"He likes my arm..." He looks slightly distressed.

"I know." I smile. "You better be nice to my son." I warn him.

"Yeah..." He looks nervous. Good.

"Now, what are you here for?" I ask.

"They pressured me." He simply responds.

"Ah." I understand.

I hear him growling... so softly that I can barely hear him.

I grab the glock 26 on my desk and start toying with it.

"So, now what?" I ask.

He doesn't respond. He just kneels on his knees, and puts his head on my lap with a groan.

"This is fine." I say.

He lifts me and sits on the bed, setting me on his lap. I'm facing towards him, so he rests his head on my chest. I can feel his hot breath on my chest. I wrap my arms around his neck and over his back. I rest my chin on his head and close my eyes.

"This is fine too." I mumble.

All he does in response in groans.

He has his arms around my waist. He's warm. He's big and protective. I like it. Being in his arms like this is like taking a hot shower. It's so nice and warm, you forget about all of your problems, and you feel safe for once. I feel like I'm completely invulnerable. When you're in the arms of one of the strongest, scariest people you know, you kinda feel safe. Assuming they like you, anyway. It's the best feeling.