Coincidence

Olivia:

I finished getting my coffee from Starbucks and walked outside. I had an audition for a role in a upcoming T.V. show today. I haven't had an audition in a while so I was a little nervous. Hopefully I nail the auditon and get the part. I'm trying to Branch out and establish myself more. I get in my car and jam out to some music while I drive to audition. Once I get there, I see that I am a little early. I decide to stay in my car and psych myself up. You got this! This role is made for you! I repeat to myself. When it is finally time for the audition I go in. Once I'm inside I have to wait in a long ass line.  I can't believe this many people showed up. My confidence starts to dip a little bit. After what seemed like forever it was finally my turn to go in and audition for the role. I walk in through the doors trying to appear confident.

"Hello, how are you today?" A lady from a table across the room asked.

"I'm fine how are you?" I reply.

"I'm good, what are role are you going to be reading for today?" She asks.

"I'm auditioning for the role of Phillips's love interest Elisha" I say.

"Great, begin whenever you're ready" She says.

I take a deep breath and do some of my voice warm ups. I take another deep breath before reading from the script.

"Phillip don't go, I can't live without you" I begin.

"What do you mean it's for the best?" I say my eyes getting glossy.

"Phillip I love you, I always have and I always will" I say tears coming down my face.

I read some more lines from the script and try my hardest. After I finish there's an uncomfortable silence in the room. The lady is just marking things down on her paper. She looks up after a while and eyes me up and down.

"That was great" She says.

"Thanks, I really tried to get into character" I say.

"Would you mind staying and reading from the script with the person we pick for Phillip?" She asks.

"Of course! I would love to!" I say cheerily.

"Great, please wait outside, I'll call you back in when we're ready" She says.

I leave the room and sit on a chair outside the room. While time passes I read from the script to try and get a better feel for it. I go and get a drink from the water fountain when my name is called. I walk inside the room and see someone standing there with their back turned.

"Are you two ready to begin reading?" Asks the lady.

"Yes" Says the man turning around.

My eyes grow wide. The man standing there is none other than Shayne Topp. Shayne and I work at Smosh together.

"Shayne?" I say suprised.

"Olivia?" He says equally suprised.

"You two know each other?" The lady says confused.

"We've worked together before" Shayne says.

"Oh good, then this should be easy" She says.

"Start whenever you're ready" She says.

I take a deep breath and so does Shayne.

"Phillip don't go I can't live without you" I say pleading.

"Elisha, I have to, it's for the best" He says solemnly.

"What do you mean it's for the best?" I ask.

"I have feelings for you and it would ruin our friendship" he says.

"Phillip, I love you, I always have and I always will" I say glossy eyed.

"I love you too Olivia" Shayne says.

"Uh my bad" Shayne stuttered while blushing.

"I love you too Elisha" He says recovering.

That was awkward I think to myself. There's more silence while the lady grades our auditions.

"You two did great, I'll call you when I finish going over your auditions" She says.

"Ok, thanks" We say and walk out of the room.

"So how do you think you did?" Shayne asks.

"I feel pretty confident" I say.

"How do you feel?" I ask him.

"I feel I did alright, I only slipped up once" He says.

"Yeah hopefully she won't be too harsh on your mistake" I say.

"I didn't make a mistake" he says and then quickly covers his mouth.

"What?" I say.

"I uh.. I have to go.." He says and tries to leave.

I grab his arm and stop him from leaving.

"Shayne?" I say looking him in the eyes.

"I didn't mean to say that, well I mean I did but I didn't" He rambles.

"Calm down Shayne" I say placing my hand on his.

"What I mean, is.... that I do have feelings for you" he says taking a deep breath.

"And I know you don't feel the same way, which is why I didn't want you to find out and ruin our friendship" He admits.

I squeeze his hand.

"It wouldn't ruin our friendship" I say.

"It wouldn't?" He says confused.

"This would" I say and kiss him.