Break

This story is for Jelly-101

Olivia:

Sam and I were sitting on the couch eating our takeout from Loud Dragon. Somehow we had gotten to the topic of hall passes after watching a romantic movie.

"So hypothetically if I gave you a hall pass" I said.

"Yeah?" Sam said.

"Who would it be?" I asked.

"Hmm" He said scratching his chin.

After a few seconds or thinking he answered.

"I think that if I had a hall pass it would be Megan Fox" Sam said smiling.

"Huh okay" I said huffing.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing" I said.

"Oh yeah? Who's yours?" He questioned.

I got to thinking. My mind thought of many guys. The Rock, Zac Efron, Noah Centineo, Michael B Jordan but none of them seemed like my type. Suprisingly the only name that really stood out was my best friend and co-worker. Shayne Topp. I guess I've always thought he was dreamy. Strong jawline, messy blonde hair, piercing blue eyes and a tight firm body. There's no way I can tell Sam though, Shayne and him are also great friends.

"I don't know, I guess I don't have one" I said.

"Really?" Sam asked tilting his head.

I just shrugged.

"Oh come on, there's gotta be someone" He said.

"Nobody comes to mind" I replied.

"I find that hard to believe" Sam said scoffing.

"Nope, no one" I said.

"Why can't you just be honest?" He asked getting upset.

"Sam I am being honest" I said.

"Yeah right, nobody in the whole world is your type" Sam said rolling his eyes.

"Oh my god, just drop it" I said getting upset.

"No, what is wrong with you?" He asked.

"Me? You're the one getting worked up over some stupid hall pass" I fired back.

"You know what, I think we need a break" He said getting up.

"Huh wow, you're something else, splitting up just because a frickin stupid game" I said.

"It's not about the hall pass, it's about being honest, and I just need some time" He said getting his coat and keys.

"Don't come back until you're ready to be civil and use your brain" I said agitated.

"Whatever" He said opening the door.

To both of our suprises on the other side of the door was Shayne holding a pack of beer and looking dumbfounded. Shit, I completely forgot we invited Shayne over to hang out with us earlier.

"Uh is everything okay?" Shayne asked.

"Completely okay, maybe you can talk some sense into her" Sam said loudly to Shayne before he left.

Shayne stood in the open doorway for a minute still trying to figure out what was going on.

"Uh do you want me to leave? because I can-" Shayne said.