Halloween

An AU where Shayne and Olivia are longtime college friends.

Shayne:

This is my first Halloween that I'll be on campus. The last couple of times I was at home with my family. This year I chose to spend it with my friends in college. I always have fun with my friends but there's one in particular that I wanted to see. Her name was Olivia. Olivia and I have been friends since freshman year. I've always found her amazing but only just recently started to fall for her. I was on my way to ask her what she was doing tonight for Halloween. I knocked on her dorm room door. She opened it and smiled.

"Hey Shayne!" She said gleefully.

"Hi" I reply.

She gives me a quick side hug before inviting me into her room. She shared a room with her roommate Courtney but I guess she wasn't here right now. I sat down at her desk next to the window.

"What's up?" She asks me.

"I was just wondering if you had plans for Halloween tonight" I say.

"No, I was going to go to a costume party but it got cancelled, why?" She says.

"Oh, I was wondering if you wanted to go to a party with me" I ask.

"Hmm, can I still wear my costume?" She asks.

"Haha sure" I say chuckling.

"So you'll go with me?" I ask.

"Sure but you have to do something for me" she says.

"Uh ok I guess, what do you want me to do?" I say.

"You have to wear a matching costume with me to the party tonight" She says smugly.

"But I don't even have a costume to begin with" I say.

"That's ok, I already bought one for you" She says going to her closet.

"Wait what?" I say confused.

She goes into her closet and pulls out her costume and a second one. Her costume was Mrs. Incredible and by the looks of it the other one was Mr. Incredible. She hands me my costume.

"Here you go" She says smiling.

"Olivia why do you have this already?" I ask her.

"Because Shayne I knew you would ask me" She says.

"What? How did you know that?" I say confused.

"Actually the truth is I was hoping you would ask me" She confessed.

"Really?" I say.

"Yeah... I kind of have a crush on you Shayne" she admits blushing.

"You do?" I say shocked.

"Ever since I met you at orientation" she says.

"Wow that's-" I start to say.

"It's ok if you don't like me back though, I'm okay with still being friends" she says quickly cutting me off.

"Olivia, I was asking you to go with me tonight because I have a crush on you too" I say.

"Really?" She says suprised.

"Yeah, you're why I decided to stay here for Halloween this year" I tell her.

"Oh my gosh, now I wish I would've told you sooner!" She says embarrassed.

"It's ok, now we have all the time to make up for the lost amount of time" I say putting my hand on her shoulder.

"I guess that's true" she says leaning closer to my face.

I lean in and our lips touch. We kiss each other like we've been waiting to for years, which is partly true. We separate and she pulls me into an embrace. Suddenly her door opens and Courtney walks in.

"They didn't have sexy shelf at the costume store Olivia" Courtney says.

"Sexy shelf?" I say as Courtney nods and walks into the bathroom.

"That was my backup plan if you didn't ask me" she admits.

"I don't think that's a thing" I say.

"Yes it is!" She argues.

"No, that doesn't exist, I think you're a liar" I say.

"Yes it is! If it exists in my brain then it exists out there in the universe" She counters.

"That's not how that works at all" I argue.

We spent forever arguing about whether or not sexy shelf was a real thing that night.