Tutor Pt. 2

3rd Person:

It's like the days pass by at a snail's pace. He's so distracted with everything he does. He checks the time more often than he should, wishing the days would go by faster. Even when he wants to write down more ideas, which he usually does frequently, all that flows onto the paper is Olivia over and over again. During practice, he's gotten tackled every time he has the ball in his hands because he thinks he catches a glimpse of her sitting in the stands from the corner of his eye and his mind can't comprehend anything except for her. He's just a mess and he's so smitten with her it's out of control. He also doesn't want to wait until Sunday to get to talk to her. Sure he can ask Courtney what she's all about but that's too impersonal. He wants to hear her thoughts and let her tell her stories the way she does. He wants to see the way her eyes shine with the memories of her childhood or hear her laugh when she recalls something particularly funny. He wants to know stuff as simple as her favorite music genre, her favorite TV show or if she even watches TV at all. Shayne figures asking her to hangout one on one outside of tutoring would freak her out, so he hopes a group hangout is less intimidating. They're in Spanish class and he's trying really hard to focus but now that he knows she's in his class he can't stop sneaking glances of her. He's mesmerized by the look of concentration on her face and how she mumbles along what the teacher is saying while taking notes. Next thing he knows the bell is ringing and everyone is packing up to go. Shayne swings his backpack over one shoulder and walks toward her desk which isn't far from his own, only two rows away. She's packing up her stuff carefully, making sure everything is neat and organized.

"Hey" He says hesitantly.

He smiles at her and hopes he doesn't look as silly as he feels. He's so nervous and he doesn't even know why. She looks around the room, as if to make sure he's actually talking to her.

"Hello Shayne" Olivia says smiling carefully.

"I-I was wondering maybe if- maybe you would- Uh" Shayne keeps stuttering.

Why does she have such an effect on him?! He's usually cool and collected when he's talking to girls. He guesses it doesn't help that she's biting her lip to hide a smile at his inability to form complete sentences. He has to take a deep breath before speaking again.

"Would you want to have lunch with me and my friends?" He asks.

He can see it on her face, seeing her eyebrows crease worriedly and the way she darts her eyes around the classroom that her first instinct is to say no.

"I just figured since you know Courtney it could be kinda fun." He adds. 

He hopes that he can convince her. She still looks unsure and he thinks she's going to decline and he can't help the look of surprise that over takes his face when she quietly speaks.

"Okay" She says.

"Okay" He repeats. 

He's trying his hardest not to let a huge smile take over his face. 

"After you" He gestures towards the door. 

He notices the way her cheeks turn a bit pink. They're walking down the hallway, towards the cafeteria, in what feels like awkward silence and Shayne is trying to find something to talk about. He wanted this opportunity but now that he has it he can't think of a single thing to say.