Sick

Shayne is tricked into taking care of a sick Olivia by the squad.

Shayne:

"Hey guys" I said walking into the squad room.

"Hey Shayne" Courtney said smiling.

"Sup" Noah said.

Keith nodded in my direction.

I set my bag down at my desk and sat in my chair. Everyone seemed to be here except for Olivia. I wonder where she was.

"You guys seen Olivia?" I asked.

"Uhhh no" Keith said.

"Haven't seen her" Noah said as Courtney shrugged.

I just shrugged and went on my phone. The group chat pinged with a new message. Unsuprisingly it was from Olivia. All she sent was 'help' which was strange. I looked up and saw the other squad members just as confused.

"What do you think she means?" Courtney asked.

"I don't know" I said.

"Should we check it out?" Keith asked.

"Might be serious" Noah added.

"It doesn't hurt to check" I said.

"Alright, let's go over to her apartment just to see if shes alright" Keith said.

"Ok, let's all take my car" Courtney said.

We all nodded in agreement and went to the elevator. We took the elevator down to the parking lot and hopped in Courtney's car. I squeezed in the back with Keith while Noah sat up front with Courtney. Pretty soon we arrived at Olivia's place and got out. Courtney went up the stairs first while I followed the group in the back. We knocked on her door but there was no answer.

"What do we do?" Keith asked.

"Hold on" Courtney said and pulled out a key from her purse.

"For emergencies" She explained as she unlocked the door.

After she opened the door we filed in to see what was going on. Courtney called out Olivia's name looking for her.

"In here" A hoarse voice said from an open doorway.

We made our way over to the room and stepped inside. Instead of seeing something terrible, all we saw was Olivia wrapped in blankets on her bed watching TV.

"Olivia?" Noah asked.

"It's over there" Olivia said pointing.

"Huh?" We all said.

Olivia just pointed again at something. We looked over and finally saw what she was pointing at. About eight inches away from her on the bed was a TV remote.

"You want the remote?" I asked confused.

Olivia nodded.

"Uh ok" I said.

I moved to the other side of the bed and picked up the remote. As I handed it to her she thanked me but not before coughing.