Caught

An AU where the whole squad goes to high school together and Olivia overhears Shayne confess his feelings for her to Damien.

3rd Person:

"Now it's just completely obvious, Shayne" Damien said chuckling.

Shayne and Damien were on the way to their next class, their last class before lunch with the rest of their friends.

"She laughed at one of  Keith's jokes, and the vein nearly burst on your forehead" Damien teased.

"Dude relax, it's not even that obvious," Shayne said brushing it off.

"Plus, every other guy in this school has a thing for her" Shayne said.

"Incorrect, every other guy in this school just thinks she's hot..." Damien argued

"Well I mean she is hot." Shayne agreed shrugging.

"My friend, if I may, you don't just think she's hot, you're crazy about her" Damien said.

"No I'm not" Shayne scoffed.

"I just think she's amazing, everything about her. I've never met anyone like her, she's captivating," Shayne rambled.

"Oh but you are" Damien said grinning.

All of our friends know it, including Olivia herself" Damien said.

Shayne punched Damien in the shoulder, clearly wanting to stop the conversation in case someone around them was eavesdropping. Little did they know, someone did hear them, and it was none other than Olivia herself. She was immediately shocked, going into a full fledged frak out, I mean how would you handle one of your best friends being in love with you? During lunch, everything seemed normal like always but Olivia watched Shayne to see his reactions to things. Nobody mentioned the supposed crush, but Olivia knew it was true since she'd heard Shayne say it himself. Thinking to herself, she realized that it would explain why Shayne was always so nice to her and never was sarcastic or rude to her like he was with his other friends and probably why he was always such a gentleman to her. Olivia got a text from Mari snapping her back to reality, Mari asked her to meet up for an emergency rehearsal for the Ballet performance this week.

"Alright everyone, I gotta go but I will see you all later" Olivia said.

Their group of friends just nodded, but Shayne of course had to reply.

"Of course, Olivia see you later" Shayne said smiling.

Once Olivia was out of sight be stopped smiling and buried his face in his hands.

"Of course, Olivia, will you marry me?" Damien mocked Shayne.

Shayne punched him in the shoulder again.

"You're so lovesick dude" Noah teased.

"Kinda weird if you ask me" Noah added shrugging.

Courtney elbowed him in the ribs for his comment.

"Dont listen to them, I think it's sweet Shayne" Courtney said.

Shayne knew she was just being nice to stop him from feeling so embarrassed.

"Girls always enjoy being acknowledged and I'm sure Olivia really appreciates it" Courtney told him.

"I would consider it a little more obvious than acknowledgement" Damien said grinning.

Damien was about to but follow it up with another remark when he was interrupted by Boze walking up.

"You guys talking about Shayne's one sided romance with Olivia?" Boze  said smiling.

The group of friends nodded except for Shayne. Boze squealed, clapping her hands together before putting on a serious face.

"She knows by the way, my dude" Boze said.

"What?" Shayne exclaimed.

"No she doesn't- wait who told her?" Shayne groaned.

He hit his hand on the table. His worst fear came true. Could this day get any worse for him?

"You did dude" Boze said chuckling. 

"She overheard you pining about her to Damien and came to me about what to do since she didn't want to involve her closest friends" Boze continued.

"Oh my god, I just dug myself into the deepest hole" Shayne sighed.

He shook his head and slung his backpack over his shoulder trying to leave and leave this conversation, but he wasn't so lucky.

"You better talk to her," Boze told Shayne

She gave him one last look before dramatically walking away while flipping her hair over her shoulder.

Shayne would love to talk to her, but it would just be way too awkward now. Instead he picked the easier path, avoiding Olivia for the rest of the day. Olivia was a little disappointed because she really wanted a chance to talk to him about everything before things get too awkward and they can't go back. The school day ended and Olivia still hadn't managed to catch Shayne. So, she made the decision to take an Uber to Shayne's house later that day. Olivia thanked the Uber driver for dropping her off and stepped out of the car. She knocked on his front door and waited. The door opened and Shayne stood on the other side with a confused look on his face.

"Olivia? uh do you want to come inside?" He asked scratching the back of his neck and opening the door wider.

Olivia shook her head no.

"I actually wanted to know if we could talk," Olivia said fidgeting.

Shayne's started to have an embarrassed look on his face.

"I know about... y'know-" Olivia started to say.

"Olivia, I'm sorry, I can't imagine how weird this must be for you, but I promise I can let it go and move on, after all It's just a hopeless crush" Shayne said interrupting her.

"Actually, It's not that hopeless... I wanted you to know that I kind of like you too" She began

"You're probably the sweetest and nicest guy I've ever met and you've done nothing but be a wonderful person to me" She finished.

Shayne's face went from being glum to a smile. His heart began to beat faster.

"Really?" Shayne asked.

Olivia nodded blushing. 

"Olivia would you maybe like to um.. go to lunch on Saturday, just you and me?" Shayne asked hopeful.

"That sounds like fun" She said.

"So you'll come?" He asked.

"It's a date" Olivia said smiling.

"Great" Shayne replied.

Olivia turned around as was about to head down his steps when she stopped. She turned around and looked at Shayne again.

"Wait, you didn't even give me a kiss goodbye, might wanna do that while you still have the chance" Olivia told him.

Shayne did so quickly, not wanting to miss his chance. He gently placed his lips on hers while resting his hands on her waist. Her lips felt so soft on his. They separated and at the moment in time, Shayne knew that loving her was going to come easy for him.