Flying Snow

Olivia:

It all starts when Keith lobs a snowball at the back of Noah’s head. From there, it’s all out war. Sides are quickly taken and the park becomes a frenzy of flying snow and laughter, with the occasional cuss or declaration of pain thrown in. But it’s the closest they’ve all felt to each other since they got back from their individual Christmas vacations. It’s amazing what can happen in a year, with Defy and Christmas, I think as I hides behind a tree. I'm throwing snowballs left and right but none of them are doing much damage. It’s not that I can’t throw, because I can, it’s just that I don't really get a lot of practice. So the next one I throw has to be a real doozy. Somehow, Shayne and Iended up on opposing sides. I don’t remember how because I’d been standing right next to him when it all started. His messy blonde hair gives me an easy point of reference though, even covered in snow. I can see Courtney standing beside him, so I pack some snow into a nice, round ball with my gloved hands and wind up. At the last second, after the snowball’s left my hand, Courtney dodges another one from a different angle and mine hits Shayne smack dab on the side of his face. Everyone stops. Frozen in many interesting positions, our friends watch as Shayne slowly turns around to face me, I'm frozen as well, with my hands over my mouth to stifle my giggles.

“I’m sorry Shayne, That was meant for Courtney but she moved" I said.

Shayne wipes the snow from his face and reaches down with one hand to scoop up more snow. He’s grinning but it’s mischievous and I don’t trust him at all. I backs up slowly, arms raised but I'm smiling too. Shayne gets closer and my back hits a park statue and I have nowhere to go.

He towers over me and for a split second, I think he might actually throw the snowball at me. I am pleasantly surprised when he kisses me instead.

“That was not what I was expecting.” I murmured.

I haven't opened my eyes completely yet so I don’t see Shayne raise his hand so he can smash the snow over my head. I blink rapidly and smack Shayne’s shoulder in mock offense. But I can’t be mad at him, not really. He’s too damn adorable. So I kiss him again. He pulls away grinning.

"All’s fair in love and war Olivia” He says.

"Indeed it is, Indeed it is."I said.

---------------------------------------------------------
A short update for you guys while I work on the next story❤️ I hope you enjoyed this one. Please send in requests with prompts as I need ideas ❤️❤️