Secrets

*Warning*
Don't read if uncomfortable with cheating

Olivia and Shayne have to make hard choices

3rd Person:

Olivia rolled over and ran her hand through his hair. His now, ruffled and messy hair. Just minutes ago there had been electricity in the air. Or rather, in the bed. Now all that remained was hard breathing and chests heaving.

The sunlight had all but faded and now the moon shone its rays into the room. It may have seemed like only a second ago, but the act lasted a long time.

She should feel guilty. Hell they both should. Sex is just that, sex. But not with them. The sex is different than anything else.

"We can't keep doing this" He said.

"I-" Olivia tried.

"I can't keep doing this" He said.

"S-" She tried again.

"I feel so guilty" He said.

"Shayne" She said interrupting him and his thoughts.

She turned his face to look at her completely. The look they shared was something of guilt, fear, lust and emotions.

Shayne opened his mouth to speak but closed it shortly afterward. He should let Olivia have a voice.

"You don't think I know?" She said.

Both of their hearts sank at the same time as if connected.

"I think about it every time, I see him" She said.

He placed a reassuring hand on her forearm. It was as much his fault as it was hers.

"I just-" Olivia began.

"Can't" Shayne finished for her.

He let out a sigh and moved away from her. Not enough that he was out of her vicinity but enough so that there was space between them.

Shayne's eyes drifted upwards as he studied the ceiling stucco. He knew eventually they would have to have this talk, he just dreaded being the one to introduce it.

"I know it's going to be harder for you than it will for me" He said.

"The men just get side eyes and glares or even sometimes praise" Olivia said staring at the ceiling now.

"And the women get names, looks, opinions and more" He said.

She reached over and squeezed his hand with hers.

"I can prote-" He said.

"Shayne" She said now looking at him again.

"As much as I don't doubt that you could physically protect me, you can't protect me emotionally or mentally" Olivia said.

Shayne turned on his side and brushed a thread of hair behind her ear.

"I wouldn't suggest this if I weren't having such strong feelings for you" He said.