Tutor Pt. 3

3rd Person:

Olivia thinks she might have a crush on Shayne. No, scratch that, she knows she has a crush on him. She finds herself more often than not thinking about him when she shouldn't be. Usually her time is spent planning, reading, or studying but ever since he's popped into her life she can't register anything but him. The sound of his voice, the way he's so sweet to her for no reason, or the way his shirts always seem to cling onto his body like a second skin. She's got it so bad she's even had his talent show performance on repeat ever since she found it on YouTube. He makes her so nervous all the time. It's like she's always on her toes around him, waiting to see his next move. Her stomach has been fluttering non stop since he cornered her in the library a few weeks ago. Don't get her wrong though she can still be her complete self around him, he just has that easy welcoming vibe about him. It also helps that he seems to want to be around her or near her all the time. The feeling is mutual obviously. Well she hopes it's not that obvious to Shayne because she hasn't figured out the why he wants to be near her all the time. At first she thought it was because she agreed to tutor him or chalked it up to him just being an affectionate person. But now she's not so sure and given the fact that he's almost tried to kiss her boggles her mind. That memory still replays in her mind everyday and especially late at night when she's trying to sleep but all that keeps popping up behind her eyelids is his face so close to hers. The memory of wanting to kiss him so badly haunts her like a dull ache in her bones. She was so anxious though, sometimes she's grateful Shayne's dad came when he did. But other times, like now that he's sitting across from her at his kitchen table smiling at her like she's the only person in the world, she hates that they were interrupted. Because over the course of a few weeks Olivia has had to deal with with becoming Shayne's friend and liking him at the same time. It's absolute torture. Especially when he touches her unnecessarily or gets close to her face while she's correcting his study guides and showing him on his paper why it's wrong. Also like right now, she's trying to teach him how to roll his R's because it's an essential skill in the Spanish language but he's being so goofy and she's laughing so hard her stomach hurts and her heart is so happy she can't take it. God dammit, Olivia thinks he might be the worst person ever but the gag is he's actually the most amazing person she's ever encountered and she thinks she's probably already head over heels for him.

"Rrrrrrrojo! Camarrrron!" He exaggerates.

"S-Stop!" Olivia chokes through a laugh.

Her cheeks ache from smiling non stop. 

"I think we've had enough of that for today" She says.

He's staring at her again, it's something he does quite often, she notes. Staring at her like she makes the sun and moon rise. It still makes her heart beat faster and her glasses fog up. She wipes at them with the sleeve of her shirt and tucks a hair behind her ear, hoping he won't notice the pinking of her cheeks.

"You've been so amazing, Liv" He says still looking at her. 

"Really, I can't thank you enough. You've done the impossible and helped me raise my grade" He says.

There he goes again making Olivia fall even more for him. He's always reminding her how grateful he is or making sure she knows he loves having her in her life as something other than his tutor. Constantly reassuring her that he isn't just using her for his own benefit. It's like he cherishes her and the time she gives him.

"It's not a problem." She said looking away.

She didn't know how to look him in the eyes and not confess her feelings for him right this second. She hears him clear his throat and she sees him scratching at something on the table.