Sleep Talk

Shayne overhears Olivia talking in her sleep.

Shayne:

The Smosh family was on the way to where we would be staying for summer games. They separated us into two different vans. We were separated by groups of two in the van. Keith and Noah sat in the front. Courtney sat with Damien in the middle seats. I was in the back two seats with Olivia. For most of the ride Olivia was on her phone and I was reading my book. Everyone was content just being in their own little bubble until we got to the hotel. I didn't mind as it gave me time to think and time to finish my book. It was an engrossing book. One of my favorites actually, it was a murder mystery. We we're about three quarters of the way to the hotel when I felt something hit my shoulder. I put the book down and looked to my left. Olivia had dozed off and her had had fallen onto my shoulder. Normally I would've awoken her but I knew how much she despised long car rides. I decided it would be best just to let her sleep and skip the car ride. I mean, it's not like she was missing anything important. I went back to my book before I heard a dropping sound. I looked down on the floor and saw Olivia's phone. It must've slipped out of her hands after she fell asleep. I picked it up so it didn't roll around and get stuck somewhere in the van. Her text log was open on the phone and the phone screen hadn't turned off yet. I didn't mean to pry but something caught my eye. She had been texting with Mari who was in the other van.

To Mari:

Idk how to tell him.

Just do it girl.

But he is one of my best friends.

You'll never know until you try.

Do I have to do it now though?

Now's the perfect time.

Uggggh can't I do it tonight?

Fine but Tell me how it goes!

I wonder what that was about I thought as I put her phone in the cubby next to her. Olivia had always been very confident when it came to dealing with guys. At least that's what she had told me in the past. Suddenly I felt my shirt tighten. I looked over again and saw Olivia was now full on hugging me in her sleep. I tried to slip out of it but she had like a death grip. I decided to just give up and went back to my book. I was interrupted again when I heard muttering.

".....Shayne.... I-....." Olivia was muttering.

"Liv?" I asked looking at her.

She didn't respond so I just assumed it was a dream or something. That's when she started mumbling again.

"... I-...." She started up again.

I was half paying attention to her half paying attention to my book. I've heard of people talking in their sleep and I just assumed what she was saying was nonsense.

".....I-.... Like you......" She muttered.

Haha I like you too Olivia. Then it hit me. I almost dropped my book. What!? Did she just say that? Did she really mean that? Everything clicked in my head. The texts to Mari. Sitting next to me in the van. The sleep talking. Olivia had feelings for me. I was left with a decision. Wake her up and confront her or wait until she confronted me. Being the impatient person that I was, I chose the first option. I gently nudged her awake with my arm.

"Huh? Oh" Olivia said opening her eyes.

She saw that she was laying on my shoulder.

"Oh sorry" She said and moved away.

"Wait" I said.

"Uh yeah?" She asked.

"You were kinda talking in your sleep" I said.

"Oh no! Hopefully I didn't say anything embarrassing! Wait did I!?" She said blushing.

"No but-" I tried to say.

"But!? But what!?" She asked embarrassed.

"You might have told me about your feelings for a certain person" I said.

"Oh my god! You weren't supposed to hear that- I mean you were- but not like that" Olivia rambled with wide eyes.

I grabbed her hand to try and calm her down. She stopped rambling but started to blush even harder.

"It's ok, I like you too" I said.

"I-.. what?" She said.

"I said, I like you too" I said smiling.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so relieved, I thought I completely embarrassed myself" Olivia said.

"Don't worry, you looked cute doing it" I said smirking.

"Shut up Shayne" She said and nudeged me.

"Don't worry, I can fix it" I said.

"What? How are you-" She started to say.

I interrupted her with a quick kiss on her lips. As I pulled away she was smiling and no longer blushing. In fact she looked calm as can be.

"See" I said.

"Shut up Shayne" She repeated but this time placing her hand on my chest.

"Can you two keep it down back there? I'm trying to read" Damien said oblivious from the middle seats.

Olivia and I looked at each other and then chuckled softly.

"We'll have to continue this later" She said.

"I suppose so" I said.