Fever

Shayne's alone time with Olivia is interrupted 

"Cheyenne is finally down" Shayne grunted as he entered the bedroom. 

Getting their four-year-old to sleep had become a difficult thing to do, her father being the only one to successfully get the young girl to bed. After three story books, two soft-sung songs and plenty of cuddles, the young Topp has finally dozed off for the night. Shayne had to sneakily and quietly leave his daughters bedroom, to make sure she stayed sound asleep.

Now, he and Olivia could have their much needed mom and dad time.

Olivia smiled as her husband climbed onto the bed where she was laying in her dark red, satin pajamas, all ready for bed. Shayne leaned over and placed his lips against her, sweetly kissing her. They continued to kiss, they hadn't had time to just kiss in so long. Shayne had missed it. Eventually, Olivia wrapped her arms around her husbands neck and deepened their kiss, knowing it would tell him what she wanted. Shayne ran his tongue against her mouth, asking for an entrance. Olivia gladly allowed his tongue into her mouth, they began to fight for dominance but Olivia submitted before long, wanting  Shayne to be in control.

"Shayne-" Olivia breathed out as his mouth attached to her pulse-point. 

"Baby, I need you" She said.

"You have me" He replied.

She held Shayne's head in place as he began to suck on her neck. Olivia pressed her head against the pillow before her eyes rolled to the back of her head. He knew exactly how to make her go crazy. He began to move down her body, first stopping at her collar bone. He let his mouth run around the area, lightly biting her skin before he soothed it with his tongue. Olivia closed her eyes and let herself feel, they hadn't been really intimate since Luke was seven weeks old, he was now five-months. Luke had been a more demanding baby than Cheyenne. He cried more, he slept less and he was just plain fussy. Every time the married couple got close to sex, or anything intimate, their baby son would cry like he knew what was going on. Of course they'd had sex since Luke was born, but it was never like they wanted it to be, it was always quick, and as much as they liked to have fast sex, they both missed the times where they could lay in bed all day doing nothing but cuddling and fucking. They liked to take their time. Just as Shayne moved his soft lips towards her bosom, a screeching cry struck their ears. Luke. They both sighed, knowing it would be very unlikely that they'd get the night to themselves, now that their son was awake. Shayne rested his head against her stomach before grunting, he needed to see to the baby before he woke up the whole neighborhood.

"Shayne, get Luke before he makes Cheyenne up!" Olivia hissed. 

There was no way she was in the right head space to calm her son down, she needed to calm herself down.

Shayne huffed before getting to his feet. Any mood that had been in the room had disappeared at the sound of their baby crying. He wanted to scream, but Luke was doing enough of that alone. Once Shayne reached his sons nursery, he quickly grabbed Luke in his arms and hushed the baby. The smallest Topp quickly calmed down in his fathers hold, all he had wanted was the comfort and love of his parent. Shayne wrapped the little boy in his arms, softly singing to get him to sleep. As Shayne was holding his red headed son, he felt how warm the baby was. He was running a fever. Luke was still fussing in his arms, Shayne knew he wouldn't be sleeping in his own bed tonight. Any disappointment he had with the baby was soon extinguished and replaced with love for his son. Shayne tried his hardest to be a good father, he didn't know why, but the thought of a son had always been more terrifying that the thought of a daughter. For what it was worth, he thought he was a good father for his children. 

"It okay Bear, Daddy has you" Shayne spoke trying to comfort the baby the best he could. 

He continued to whisper into Luke's ear, hoping to calm him down. After minutes and minutes, Shayne gave up and carried his son to the bedroom where he and his wife slept.

"Oh my baby, what happened?" Olivia cooed as she jumped up and took the still fussy baby from Shayne. 

Luke cuddled into his mother, the feeling of his moms skin against his own made him calm slightly. 

"He has a fever"  Olivia babbled as she rocked her son back and forth. 

She hated it when her children got sick, like every mother, but she would always fret about their health, doubting and blaming herself for not keeping them safe when she knew deep inside that she couldn't protect them both from everything in the world. Olivia didn't even need to tell Shayne to grab the Baby-Tylenol from the bathroom, before Shayne was back with medicine in his hands. Luke would hate it, he always did, and it made both his parents hearts ache with guilt, but they knew it would make him feel better and finally sleep. They measured out the correct dosage before force feeding Luke the medicine. The child screamed and kicked and threw his arms around but Olivia was able to hold him in place while Shayne gave him the Tylenol. After five minutes of Luke screeching and crying, he finally calmed down and fell to sleep on his mother's arms. 

"Should I take him back to his bed?" Shayne asked.

He knew the answer but maybe he still had hope that he and Olivia could have their much needed alone time. He knew his son was sick, but Shayne was human, there was only so much he could take.  

"No" Olivia answered extremely quickly. 

Her baby boy would be staying in her arms until he felt better. If his fever continued to rise, Olivia would call Cheyenne and Luke's pediatrician, but it wasn't uncommon for the children to get the occasional temperature. After Shayne had finally stripped into his boxers, he settled down next to his beautiful wife, who had their son asleep on her chest. Eventually, Shayne would move Luke into the space between them but Olivia still wanted her baby as close as possible to her. He placed a kiss against Luke's head before he kissed Olivia's lips as a way to say goodnight.

It was going to be a long night. 

After what felt like hours of laying next to his wife and son, who were both asleep, the door to Shayne and Olivia's bedroom slowly opened to show the face of Cheyenne. The little girl was carrying her stuffed Brussels griffon toy and she looked exhausted, obviously just woken up.

"Daddy?" The young girl asked as she stood still in the doorway of her parents room. 

"I had a bad dream" Cheyenne said.

Shayne smiled slightly, looking at his little girl with her long black hair in a braid and red pajamas. It looked like all four of them would be in the same bed tonight, it's exactly why they bought a king  sized bed when they moved into their house.

"Climb in princess" Shayne whispered trying not to disturb the two people sound asleep next to him. 

"Quietly though" He said.

Cheyenne giggled quietly, of course, and ran to the bed before she climbed in next to Shayne and Luke. Olivia stirred before she opened her eyes to see her daughter in the bed. Shayne noticed and looked into her eyes, he smiled and it was all she needed to fall back into a deep slumber. He loved his little family with everything he had, even when they stole his bed... and his wife.