Prom

Shayne and his his girlfriend attend prom

3rd Person:

"So do you plan on asking me to prom anytime soon pretty boy, or are we skipping it this year?" Olivia said.

Shayne paused his movie surfing to look at his girl. She was standing in the kitchen doorway   dressed in one of his t-shirts and a pair of his boxers giving him a questioning look. The two had been basically playing house all weekend while his parents was out of town, and the young woman's parents assumed she was staying at Courtney's.

"I thought you would just let me know what color your dress was so we could coordinate, and I could get my tux" He said.

Olivia just sighed shaking her head.

"What?" He asked confused.

"You didn't even ask me Shayne" She said.

"I didn't think I had to, you're already my girlfriend, so I just assumed..." Shayne said.

"Even Matt gave Courtney a promposal, and they've been together longer than we have" Olivia stated crossing her arms. 

The couple stared at each other for a minute before Shayne spoke again.

"Okaaaay" He said.

The young man still didn't see what the big deal was. He still wanted to take Olivia to Senior Prom, but he didn't understand why he needed a proposal to do so.

"Okaaaay" Olivia said copying him as she leaned against the door frame. 

She looked a little upset at this point causing him to stand and make his way over to her.

"I'm sorry?" He said. 

It was more of a question versus a statement considering he didn't really know why he was apologizing. Promposals weren't really his thing. Last year he'd just simply asked Olivia if she would go with him while they were in detention at school. She said yes and that was that. This year, though, he hadn't really thought about it. He knew his girl wanted to go, and he planned on taking her. Since they had been together for so long now, Shayne didn't think he needed to ask. Olivia rolled her eyes at the man standing in front of her.

"Whatever Shayne, I don't care" She lied. 

Truth was she wanted a promposal like everyone else. Everyday at school there was someone being asked to prom in all these unique and cute ways, and now that time was winding down and the day was coming soon, she now knew that her boyfriend wasn't even going to ask her. The young woman just felt left out. She moved to go into the kitchen and he followed.

"Olivia, I'm sorry" Shayne said. 

Olivia went to check on the pasta that was cooking ignoring him in the process. Shayne sighed moving to wrap his arms around her from behind. They stood like that for a minute then he whispered in her ear.

"Will you go to prom with me?" He asked her.

She shivered a little as his breath tickled her neck. It still wasn't the promposal she wanted, but at least he asked.

"Sure" Olivia answered as she continued to cook.

When Wednesday came around, Olivia, Courtney, Matt, Keith, and Noah were all sitting outside for lunch at their table next to the giant oak tree.