Softball

The crew tries to raise money for a good cause

This had all started out as an attempt to raise some money for a local Los Angeles food bank. That's how Olivia and Courtney ended up here, setting up canopy tents at 7 am on a hot summer weekend in LA.

Ian had figured that some kind of sporting event would bring in lots of spectators and he was right. What started as a friendly game of softball at a local field between 2 teams consisting of Smosh workers and members as well as volunteers from the food bank, had turned into an all-day softball tournament. Once Ian began advertising the event online, selling tickets to the event with 100% proceeds going to the charity, a local news channel picked up the story. They featured an article on the food bank and how Smosh planned to help.

After the new ran the story, Ian started getting overwhelmed with calls. They had sold out of tickets very quickly between the flyers and online ads, but there were hundreds of people still calling trying to get their hands on some. He was also getting calls from other Youtubers hoping to donate. As the list kept growing, Ian realized he had enough people wanting to play to make it into a tournament and enough people wanting to watch to make it into an event.

He reached out and was able to secure a permit and a large park with 2 different baseball fields on it. This would allow for 2 games to go at a time to help move the games along. He also contacted food trucks and worked out an arrangement for them to sell food at the event to keep the spectators well fed and hydrated, with the food trucks agreeing to donate a percentage of their earnings to the food bank.

A local event planning company offered to donate multiple canopies that could be used to set up shade for the teams to rest in between games and additional bleacher seating to accommodate the crowds. The event was advertised as family friendly, encouraging guests to bring lawn chairs, blankets, whatever they wanted to enjoy a fun day at the park. He also relied on friends and family to set up the park on game day.

Since Olivia and Courtney were not playing on a team, they volunteered to show up early to help set up tents and check in teams. Olivia was finding it harder and harder to get out of bed on her days off; she had recently acquired a new appreciation for lazy morning in bed with her man, but when she was asked to help with setup, she couldn't turn it down.

Once they finished setting up the tents for the teams, the players began arriving to check in. As she was checking them in, she noticed lots of people that she had never seen before but were certainly easy on the eyes and they seemed to take notice of her as well. As Shayne approached the tent to check in, he also noticed how Olivia was trying to move the other players along as they tried in vain to flirt with her. At this point, Courtney and Damien were the only ones that knew about the relationship, so there was not much he could do to shoo the men away but that didn't mean he couldn't mess with Olivia a little bit.

"So" He began as he was signing the liability waiver.

"How worried should I be about all these guys?" He smugly asked.

Before Olivia could answer, the conversation was interrupted by a couple of women from the food bank.

"Hi Shayne!" They said in unison as they waved to him.

Shayne smiled and nodded at the women as they walked by.

"Seriously, is how I play today going to impact how attractive you find me?" He asked.

"I find you attractive?" Olivia joked back with a smirk on her face.

"Hi Shayne!" Another lady called out as she walked by the check-in tent with some friends.