Stress

Olivia is dealing with pitfalls of stress until Shayne comes to her aid.

Olivia:

I sat at the end of bar with my leg bouncing up and down. You would swear I had restless leg syndrome. The clock ticked and ticked as I downed more drinks. Thankfully I added water here and there or I'd be completely drunk by now. The squad had invited me to a party tonight and I had agreed to go. Instead I was stuck in this bar lost in thought. My brain was busy drudging up past events and causing me discomfort. I kept replaying over and over in my head what it would be like living by myself. I was so used to living with my mother that being on my own was a foreign concept. I might've found some solace if I had someone to share it with but Sam and I broke up a couple weeks ago. As for Shayne, Keith, Courtney and Noah, I didn't want to interrupt up their lives with my trivial problems. I tapped my nails on the counter as my brain launched into another tense topic. As if moving wasn't enough I was also tasked with writing the sketches for the next few upcoming Smosh videos. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't nagging at my mind every day. What if my ideas were horrible? What if they weren't funny or relatable? I had no idea it would drain me so much before I accepted responsibility for it. And to top it all off, the first script was due tommorow. Now while that sounds simple enough, there was one issue. I hadn't even put pen to paper. I was stuck with writer's block. So here I was, drowning my sorrows away and preparing for looks of disappointment tommorow when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Olivia?" He said.

I turned and saw Shayne with a look of concern on his face. Oh good, how did he find me here? Nobody was supposed to see me looking like a nervous wreck.

"Uh hey... What are you doing here Shayne?" I said nonchalantly.

"Looking for you" Shayne said.

"Me?" I said suprised.

"You didn't show up to the party" He said.

"Sorry... I must've forgot" I lied.

"Olivia I'm not stupid" He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I've noticed how different you've been acting" Shayne said.

"What? I'm just being me, regular ol Olivia" I said managing a slight chuckle.

"C'mon Liv, what's really going on?" He asked.

"I- I- I want to tell you but I can't" I said sighing.

Shayne sat down on the barstool next to me. He ordered a glass of water and some peanuts to snack on.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what's bothering you" He said.

"Shayne...." I said.

He just took a handful of peanuts and continued to sip on his drink.

"Why do you want to know so bad?" I asked.

"Because I care about you and I want to help you" Shayne said.

"Shayne I don't want to unload my problems on you and the rest of the squad" I said.

"Then just tell me" He said.

"....Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm not going anywhere" Shayne said placing his hand on my nervous hand.

His touch was warm and felt safe. My leg stopped bouncing and finally became still. It was like part of my weight had been lifted.

"Okay" I said finally giving in.