Valentines Day

Shayne gets jealous of the attention Olivia gets on Valentines Day
-suggestion from luzdim-

3rd Person:

Shayne rounds the corner of the office and almost collides with Courtney. She almost drops her phone but manages to catch it last second.

"Sorry, wasn't looking" Shayne said.

"It's okay" Courtney said dismissively.

Usually she would tease him or jokingly hit him but she didn't do either of those. His eyebrow raised as he noticed how giddy she seemed to be as she stared at her phone.

"What's up?" He asked curious.

She glances up from her phone with a grin.

"I just posted an Instagram story of Olivia getting a Valentines day gift" She said.

"It's so cute, look" She said before shoving the phone in front of his face.

Shayne watched as a delivery man dropped off chocolate and a card for her. He watched as Olivia smiled and blushed when she read the card.

"Isn't it so cute?" Courtney asked.

"Uh yeah" Shayne replied.

Secretly, he felt a certain way watching the video. Like he should've been the one to put that smile on her face. Of course he would never say that out loud though. With Courtney feeling content, Shayne walked off to the nearest flower shop.

Time skip...

The bell above the door rang as it opened.

"Hello and welcome to Elric flower shop" A voice greeted warmly.

Shayne saw a woman peek her head around and then body around a wall of roses. The tall blonde made her way over to him with a smile.

"Picking something out for a special lady?" She asked with a wink.

"What? No... I mean yeah.. Well kind of" He said.

"Huh?" The woman said confused.

"The thing is... She doesn't know she's my special lady" Shayne admitted.

"Oh really?" She asked.

"Yeah, call it an unrequited crush" He said.

"Oh, so you thought you'd get her some flowers and confess your love?" The woman jokingly teased.

"Something like that..." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"Any idea on what type of flowers you want?" She asked.

"Umm I thought about roses but then I thought that it would be too cliche, maybe something white or blue?" He suggested.

"Oooh, I have just the thing" She said with a smile.

She began walking around the store and picking up different things as she moved. Some flowers here, some flowers there, a ribbon and some scissors. In a swift movement she ties them together with the ribbon and cut off the loose strand to secure it. The end was a beautiful bouquet of blue and white flowers with a cute ribbon.

"What do you think?" The woman asked.

"It's beautiful" Shayne said.

The woman smiled and walked toward a register with the flowers. Shayne followed her and began to open his wallet.

"Oh honey, please put that away, these are on me" She said.

"What? No, I have to pay for them" He insisted.