Bartender

Olivia reluctantly goes to a bar with her friends and ends up spending the night talking to the bartender, which ends up being one of the best decisions she ever made.

Olivia:

I had just finished up my work at the office and was getting ready to leave when Courtney came up to me.

“Hey Liv, Me and some of the guys are going out for a drink, you're welcome to come with us.” She said.

"I don't know I mean I'm supposed to get in early tomorrow" I said.

"Oh come on, just one drink, you never come with us" She said.

"Courtney-" I started to say.

"C'mon Olivia" She said.

"Fine, I guess I can go" I sighed.

"Yay!" Courtney said happily.

"There’s a bar a couple blocks away from here. Drinks are cheap, and there is a dancefloor that always has good looking guys on it" She said as we walked to her car.

"Courtney I keep telling you I'm fine being single" I said.

Courtney has been trying to set me up with guys around the office all the time. She heard I broke up with my last boyfriend Sam and keeps telling me to move on.

"If you say so" She said and we got in the car.

We drove for about 10 minutes before we stopped in front of the place. I look up at the sign as we entered the plain looking building. “Shayne’s Bar & Club” is written in bright, neon blue lighting above the door. I glanced around the bar, taking notice of several people drinking and eating bar food at tables, the group of people dancing on the dance floor, and saw most of the guys from my work head straight to girls near the back. There was a couple people sitting at the bar. I moved to sit at a highstool at the bar, sitting with my back to the bar and looked over at my coworkers flirting up a storm with some girls on the dance floor. I chuckle before sighing and shaking my head. Why did I agree to do this? I think to myself. At that moment, I heard a man's voice in my ear.

“Regretting your decision?” He asked smiling.

"Which one?" I joked.

"I was referring to the decision to come out with your friends. I see them here a lot, but I've never seen you with them" He said.

"Haha yeah, I usually don't go out that often" I say.

"What changed your mind tonight?" He asked.

"My friend Courtney wore me down" I said chuckling.

I spun around to look at him more while I chatted with him. That's when I saw him fully. He was unbelievably handsomeDirty blonde hair, blue eyes and defined muscular features This dude should be a model, not a bartender she thought.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Olivia, you?" I asked.

"Shayne" he said.

"Shayne? As in the guy who own the place?" I said.

"That would be me, want a drink?" He said chuckling.

"Sure, I'll take a beer" I said.

"Coming right up" He says.

"Thanks" I say as he slides me a beer.