Firsts

The many firsts of Shayne and Olivia's relationship.

3rd Person:

FIRST KISS
It was a perfect evening. They went to dinner in downtown Los Angeles, laughing their way through their meal and a bottle of wine. Shayne paid the bill and they walked hand in hand up to Olivia's apartment building.

"This is me" Olivia said.

She stopped in front of her door and turned to look at Shayne. She was nervous. Olivia shoved her hands into her purse to fish out her keys. It was only Shayne, she tried to remind herself glancing at the man out of the corner of her eye. This was hardly the first time she went out somewhere with him. It made no sense to her why she was so nervous.

"Thank you for a wonderful evening," Olivia said softly.

"I, umm…you’re welcome" Shayne said.

He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, looking away from Olivia.
His eyes caught hers and she found herself suddenly sinking into their blue depths. There was a blush spreading across his cheek. Olivia felt a sort of relief that Shayne seemed just as nervous as she did.

"I...what I meant was." Shayne stuttered.

His tongue tangled on his words.

"It was a fun night" He said.

"I had a lot of fun" Olivia said nodding.

"Me too." Shayne said.

He stopped in front of the loft door.

"You already said that" Olivia said.

"Right" He said clearing his throat.

She let out a happy sigh and stared up into his gorgeous blue eyes. Olivia's heart began to race as Shayne leaned in and stepped towards her, both of her hands in his. He lowered his head bringing their faces closer. He tilted his head so his nose brushed tenderly against hers, his breath warm against her face. A twinge of fear worked up her spine nearly causing her to jerk from his touch. Olivia had to remind herself that she was safe. Slowly, Shayne pulled her to him, his arm going around her waist, his other hand cupping her face. He slowly and softly lowered his lips to hers. Olivia’s knees almost buckled, her head rushing. The kiss was was pure magic. It was soft and intense all at once, with her hands winding in the hair at the base of his neck. He felt like Romeo kissing Juliet for the first time, that’s how perfect this was.

"I'm…" His voice filled with worry and doubt.

He searched her flushed face.

"I'm sorry." Shayne said.

"Sorry?" Olivia asked confused.

"I didn't mean to, push you into anything" He said running his hand through his hair.

"You didn't" She said.

She felt her heart finally slow down as she turned to the door, twisting the key in the lock.

"Goodnight Olivia" Shayne said.

"Good night." Olivia said.

The kiss followed her inside, replaying the memory of the kiss jumping around her apartment, singing into her hair brush. Olivia had imagined it a million different ways over the last few months. Passionate, slow, tender, forceful even. Imagining just what kissing Shayne Topp for the first time would be like. And even so, despite all that, her imagination had fallen short. Olivia smiled as one word lingered in her mind, reliving the kiss again in her head…Perfect.