Party

An AU where Olivia's mother throws a party.

Olivia:

My Mom is throwing a party again for her coworkers and forced me to come like she always does. I'd rather be at home watching TV marathons but instead I'm stuck in this tight black dress. The only good news is that my friend Shayne said he would swing by. Shayne and I have been friends since middle school. He's probably my closest friend, we tell each other everything. Well.. almost everything. I started to grow feelings for him a while ago but I can never work up the courage to approach him about it.

"Olivia" My mom said from outside my bedroom.

"Mother" I responded.

"Please come downstairs and talk to the guests and show them you're not a hermit" She said.

"I'll come down when Shayne gets here" I said and layed down on my bed.

"Liv, you can't just hang onto Shayne all night, I get that he's your friend but you should meet new people" She said.

"I'm fine" I reply.

"Please Liv?" She asked.

I thought about it for a moment. I could either stay here and keep getting bothered by my mom every five minutes or I could chill by myself in a corner and wait until Shayne got here.

"......Fine" I said.

"Thank you" She mouthed as she went downstairs.

I sighed and dusted my dress off. I found my nice pair of heels and put them on and walked downstairs. People said hi as I walked past but I just motioned hello and kept walking. I went to the kitchen and fixed myself a drink. Maybe some alcohol would help me calm down. Once I finished my drink I made another one and sat down on the couch in the living room. I wanted to pull out my phone or watch TV but I knew my mom would scold me. So instead I just sipped my drink and stared out the window. Some time passed before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Lib Lib what up!" Shayne said gleefully.

"Shayne!" I said smiling.

I stood up and hugged him. Shayne was wearing a black tux with a red dress shirt. He smelled sweet like cinnamon candy. I pulled away and smiled.

"What took you so long? Im so bored" I said.

"Traffic" He said shrugging.

"So, what's with the cologne?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, a man's gotta smell nice" He said.

"Mhm you sure that's not for anyone in particular?" I asked hopeful.

Shayne confessed to me about a couple months ago that he had a crush on Courtney. Courtney was one of my moms coworkers daughters that we met at a party similar to this. I liked to tease him about it every chance I got. Secretly though, I wished he had feelings for me.

"Whaaaaaat? Of course not" Shayne said.

"Oh really it's not because she's here?" I said pointing over to the kitchen.

In the kitchen Courtney was pouring herself a drink. She was dressed in a beautiful silk white dress. She didn't seem to notice us staring at her.

"No of course not" Shayne said gulping.