Snowball

Olivia and Shayne hang out together during the holiday.

Olivia:

It all started playfully, like it always does when we're together. It was time for Cookie's daily afternoon walk, and I loved going on those, I loved playing with Cookie and holding Shayne's hand while we walked around the neighborhood, but not this time of year. The cold air against my skin, the snowflakes twirling around in the air only to fall on me and make me freeze, it made me want to stay inside. I'd much rather cuddle up in Shayne's room and watch some christmas movies with hot chocolate.

"You can stay here if you want" Shayne said.

It was almost like he could read my mind, he smiled softly at me as he put on his jacket.

"I won't be gone for too long" He promises.

I smiled back at him and shake my head at him as I put on my gloves.

"No, it's fine. I'll come with you" I said.

I tried to not think about how cold it's going to be once we step out of the warm house.

"Can we have some hot chocolate after?" I asked opening the door.

Shayne nodded and leaned down to kiss me on my cheek.

"Anything for you, Liv" He said.

Everytime he calls me that, I can't help but get those butterflies in my stomach. To others it might just sound like a nickname that sometimes other people call me, but when Shayne says it, it's a term of endearment. I feel all warm inside and my smile grew bigger on my face. I thinks it's crazy how we've been dating for a long time, but he still manages to make me feel certain things. He makes me feel like we're still in a honeymoon phase and I love it.

"What movie do you want to watch later?" He asked as we left the house.

He locked the door and started walking right beside me. Shayne knows how much I love christmas movies and he loves watching them with me so he can be close to me.

"Something to get me in the holiday mood" I said shrugging.

I smiled at him and took one of my hands out of the pocket, and just like a magnet, Shayne's hand reached for it and grabbed it.

"Maybe A Christmas Story?" I suggested.

"Your wish is my demand" He joked.

I chuckled as we continued to walk. The walk wasn't supposed to be long, but Cookie refuses to do what she's supposed to do, and we're stuck outside in the cold until she finishes. My cheeks are turning rose red, and the snowflakes falling are covering my hair.

"Cold?" Shayne asked.

I nodded as he gently squeezed my hand.

"A little" I admitted.

My feet were cold and I could barely feel them anymore, I wondered how He didn't seem cold at all.

"You know, to keep your body warm you should move, engage in some sort of activity" He said smiling.

"Do you want me to run around here?" I asked rolling my eyes.

I wonder if he's lost his mind with this cold. He let go of my hand and leaned down and takes a handful of snow. I take a few steps back knowing what he's thinking and I'm not interested.

"Shayne" I said sounding as serious as I could.

The smile on his face makes me lose it. There's no way I can be serious with that goofy grin on his adorable face.

"Don't even think about it" I said.

Shayne holds up the snowball he's crafted in his hand with a proud look.

"It's just snow babe" He teased.

"I will start a war if you even think about it" I threatened.

This only makes him laugh before he throws the snowball at me and hits me in the arm.

"Shayne!" I yelled.

And so our little snowball war starts. I chased Shayne and Cookie with snowballs as I tried throwing them at him but I missed everytime, which makes him laugh. He thinks it's adorable how bad I am at this because he knows that I don't like losing.

"You're so bad at this!" He teased.

"Please, I'm good at everything" I fired back.

Right as I said that, I finally hit him with the snowball, right on his back.

"Yes!" I said.

I clapped my hands together eagirly as I jumped up and down.

"I got you!" I said laughing.

That's one of the things we love about each other, we always manage to bring out the little child inside of both of us. It doesn't matter how old we get, I know we'll always remain young when we're with each other.

"I'll get you for that!" Shayne said.

He held onto Cookie's leash as they both ran towards me. I'm still laughing as I try running away from both of them but Cookie gets ahead of me as I'm about to turn around, and right when I do, Shayne is right behind me. He puts his hands on my waist as he picks me up and spins us around.

"Stooop!" I barely managed to get out.

"Shayne!" I said still laughing uncontrollably.

He finally put me down.

"You're still bad at this" he teased again.

Our eyes meet, and we noticed how happy we both looked. He loved to just look at me and tell me how beautiful I was all the time.

"Maybe" I said smiling.

"Kiss?" He asked smiling.

He looked adorable with all the snow covering him, his messy hair and those blue eyes. I nodded.

"Kisses" I said.

He leaned down to press his lips against mine. After our little war Shayne grabbed my hands again and we made our way home. The way home is mostly debating on what movie we're going to watch, not that it matters to him, he'd watch anything I wanted to. He wouldn't say it but I could tell he likes the way that I'm always in charge, likes that I know what I want and nothing can change my mind. He appreciates it that I've never pushed him to do anything he didn't want him to, instead I always encouraged him to do what he wants to and not care about what people think. I'll always be here, ready to stand by his side. We decided to watch A Christmas Story after all. We were laying in his bed, both with hot chocolate in our hands, the computer on the side of the bed. We're only half an hour in the movie I start to fall asleep. My head rested on his chest, as my arms held him tight like he would leave. I knew there wasn't a single thing in this world that would make him leave me but I always did it anyway. He loves me and I love him,
we're soulmates. Shayne put the laptop away and pulled me even closer to him, I felt his fingers run through my hair as I fell asleep peacefully by his side.

Shaylivia -- One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें