Spin The Bottle

A game of spin the bottle at a party gets a little awkward.

Olivia:

"Your turn Olivia" Boze said handing me the empty glass bottle.

We were all the Shayne's place for his birthday party. Damien had set it up and suprised Shayne with the party when he got home earlier today. After most of the people went home it was just the squad and the games crew still here. After all the booze was gone someone suggested the idea of spin the bottle with the empty bottles. I didn't really want to play but got roped in anyways.

"Here goes nothing" I said reluctantly.

I spun the bottle pretty softly. Personally I wanted it to land on Courtney because it would be easier to kiss her since we jokingly kiss all the time. Honestly I would mind if it landed on anybody but Shayne. Not because it's his birthday but because I have a massive crush on him. I have ever since he first joined the squad. I was too scared to admit it because of the fear of rejection. To my dismay the bottle landed on the one and only.

"Oooohhh the birthday boy" Courtney teased.

"Oooohhh" The others joined in.

Thankfully most people were drunk and it was fairly dark so you couldn't see my cheeks flaring up. Shayne looked at me with a smile.

"You don't have to if you don't want to Shayne offered.

"It's ok, it's just a kiss" I lied.

Shayne nodded an move lose to me. I peered into his colorful eyes. I'd never been this close to him before. My hand rested on the side of his structured face. Shayne put his suprisingly soft hand on my cheek. He began to lean in with his lips nearing mine. All of my confidence drained away. I panicked and ran out the door away from the party. I ran all the way to the parking lot and sat down on the curb with my face in my hands.

"What did I do?" I moaned to the night sky.

I felt so embarrassed. Everbody is probably wondering why I bolted out of the room. Probably making up things about me. The truth is I just couldn't handle it. Being so close to kissing someone I've had a crush on for so long seemed easy but it was terrifying. Like what if he thought I was gross or my kiss was weird. All these thoughts swirled around in my head until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Shayne standing there.

"Olivia?" He asked concerned.

"I uh, I gotta go" I said trying to leave to my car.

Shayne held onto my arm and stopped me from going. He turned me around so we were facing each other again.

"Olivia please" He said letting go.

"What?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Why did you run away?" Shayne asked.

"I- I- I don't know" I said.

"You could've said you just didn't want to kiss me" He said.

"No it's not that" I replied.

"What is it my breath?" He joked.

I could tell he was trying to get me to laugh. Anytime Shayne sensed I or someone else was feeling down, he always tried to cheer them up with a joke.

"No it's not that" I said with a slight chuckle.

"Then what is it?" He asked.

"..... Because... Once I start kissing you Shayne, I won't be able to stop" I said blushing.

"Huh?" He said taken aback.

"Never mind forget I said that" I said quickly.

Shayne placed his hand on my shoulder and looked at me.

"Olivia what's going on?" He asked.

"Shayne I like you!" I blurted out before covering my mouth.

His eyes went wide as my cheeks turned red as a beet. I can't believe I just said that! Now that he knows he's gonna think I'm weird. He probably won't want to work with me again. What did I do?

"Olivia" He said.

"Sorry I didn't-" I started to say.

Shayne cut me off with a sweet kiss on my lips. As he pulled away he started to speak.

"I wouldn't want you to stop" Shayne said.

"What?" I said suprised.

"Olivia, I like you too" He said with a smile.

"Excuse me, can you repeat that?" I said stunned.

Shayne let out a light laugh.

"I've liked you ever since I started working at Smosh" He said.

"I- I had no idea" I said.

"I was too afraid to ask you out, I thought you would reject me" Shayne said.

"I thought you would reject me" I said.

"I feel so embarrassed" He said.

"You have no idea" I said laughing.

"Sooo where do we go from here?" He asked.

"Where do you want to go from here?" I asked.

"How about starting with going back to the party?" Shayne said.

"Sure" I said with a smile.

Shayne held out his hand for me to take it. I grabbed his hand and laced my fingers with his. We walked back up to the party together. I sat across from Shayne in the circle of friends.

"So what happened?" Keith asked.

"Nothing just had to throw up" I lied.

"Yeah, she seemed fine when I went to check on her" Shayne said.

"Ok" Boze said moving on.

Time skip....

As I was leaving I heard Noah ask Shayne a question.

"So what did you wish for your birthday?" Noah asked.

"Let's just say it already came true" Shayne said glancing at me with a smile.