Forgot

Olivia forgets her husbands birthday

*A little steamy towards the end*

3rd Person:

Olivia wakes up to sunlight streaming in the bedroom window, reaching over for her husband who is apparently no longer in their bed. Groaning, she sits up to look at the clock, 9:45 the time displays. He's already left for work, and she missed the chance to apologize for last nights argument. They usually make it their rule to never go to bed angry, but she made her way to bed and he stayed on the couch. Thought they never did discuss the fight, she did feel his arms wrap around her in the middle of the night, holding her close. Sighing, Olivia makes her way out of bed and into her slippers, heading downstairs for a cup of coffee. She checks the notepad on the kitchen counter for any to do list things today, only seeing a little message Shayne must have scribbled this morning. 'Didn't want to wake you, love you.' It brings a smile to her face and a blush to her cheeks, and she finds herself grinning as she pours her coffee. Even in marriage, she's still like a giddy teenager about her Shayne. The nice thing about working at Smosh is that she doesn't have to arrive to the office until she is available, and today she doesn't go in until late in the day. So she decides to go get something to eat. After she gets something to eat she goes into the office.when she arrives around 3:45 she greets Keith and heads to her desk. Shayne left earlier to go shoot for the Goldbergs so it's just her and the rest of the squad. There's so much work to be done today, between shooting the videos and preparing for new ones. After shooting a skit, writing a script, and posting on social media, she checks her phone to see that it's after 7, past when she would usually be home. Rushing to get out of there and get home, she only gets distracted by one message on her phone from Damien that says 'Tell your husband happy birthday for me!!'

Holy shit.

She forgot it was Shayne's birthday. What kind of wife forgets their husband's birthday? September 14th, a day she's been celebrating each year since they started working together, and now she forgets his birthday entirely. She spent the year in adult mode, planning a wedding, relaxing on her honeymoon, buying and decorating a house, she hadn't planned anything for today. Quickly thinking, she grabs a to-go order of Shayne's favorites from Chick Fil A. As she heads out to her car, she quickly dials Shayne's number, but before she's able to hit call, naturally her phone dies. She feels like crying, this evening has been such a letdown, and now her husband is spending his birthday alone at home probably wondering if Olivia forgot him or if she's still mad about their fight. Pulling in the driveway, she grabs her things and walks inside, using her key in the front door and dropping it on the table in the entryway. Shayne, who's been pacing in the living room, approaches her quickly, and pulls her into his embrace tightly.

"You scared me to death Olivia, why weren't you answering your phone?" Shayne asks, concern sweeping over his face. 

He's holding her face in his palms and plants a firm kiss on her lips. 

"I'm glad you're home, and safe" He says.

"Sorry Shayne, my phone died just as I was trying to call you... today was a busy day at the office" She explains wrapping her arms around his neck. 

There's still unspoken tension lingering in the air. 

"And I'm sorry for ruining your birthday" She says.

He shakes his head in disagreement, but before he can be sweet and argue, she continues.

"I'm a horrible wife for forgetting that today was your birthday babe, honestly, but I swear I'll make it up to you, we'll do something special" She promises holding his hands.