Cheating

Olivia thinks that Shayne is cheating on her

Olivia:

I was walking back to the office when I heard him talking through the door.

"Yeah, I'm free tonight, don't worry she has no idea" Shayne said.

I stopped and crept to the door. Peering around the corner I saw him talking on his phone.

"Yeah, I'll be there tonight" He said and hung up.

What? That's not what he told me this morning. Who is he talking to?

Flashback...

"We still on for Netflix and chill tonight?" I asked Shayne.

"Uhh I gotta raincheck" He said.

"Why what's up?" I asked.

"Uhh Damien said he needed help with something tonight" He stated.

"Oh, ok, don't have too much fun" I said.

"Haha I won't" Shayne said scratching the back of his neck.

Present Time...

Why did he lie to me? What was going on? Was he cheating on me? He better not. There was only one way to find out. I walked into the room after Shayne hung up.

"Hey babe" I said.

"Hey" He said flashing me a smile.

"How's Damien?" I ask.

"Huh?" He says.

"You said he needed help?" I reminded him.

"Oh, yeah, I'm supposed to be leaving now to help him actually" He said.

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow" I said smiling.

"See you" He said smiling back.

He gave me a quick hug and then left. I waited for him to leave before following. I was determined to figure out what he was doing. I took the stairs down quickly as he took the elevator. He walked to the parking lot and got in his car unaware that I was doing the same. I followed in my car close behind while he drove somewhere. When he parked I realized we were at his apartment. I parked farther down so he wouldn't see me. He walked into his apartment and I stayed behind in my car. Maybe Damien was coming to him? No that was a stupid thought. I waited to see what would happen. About a minute later a car that I couldn't quite make out pulled up and parked. A woman whose face I couldn't see got out and knocked on his door. She had long black hair and was small in stature. I saw Shayne open the door smiling and give her a hug before letting her inside. At this point I was beyond upset. Why would he cheat on me? Am I not good enough for him? I was steaming mad when I got out of my car. I walked up to his door and pulled out the key. Shayne had given me a key to his apartment a while ago, it was supposed to be for emergencies but you better believe I was going to use it now. Before I even opened the door I heard his voice again.

"Ok, ugh just put your arm right there, ohh yeah, just like that" He said grunting.

Wtf? This motherfucker was cheating on me in the living room. He really didn't care about us at all! I unlocked the door and barged in. I expected to see Shayne and this woman fooling around but I got a suprise. Shayne and this girl were barely holding holding a huge cake towards the door. Shayne saw me and lost his grip.

"Wtf Shayne!?" I said.

Shayne opened his mouth but nothing came out. The woman turned to me and I immediately recognized her.

"Liv?" My mother said.

"Mom!??" I said completely confused.

"What are you doing here?" My mom asked.

"What are you doing here!?" I asked in return.

"I think I can explain" Shayne said sheepishly.

"Shayne-" I started to say annoyed.

"Liv, let him explain" My mother said interrupting me.

Shayne took a deep breath.

"As you now know, I never intended to help Damien" He said.

"Mhm" I grunted.

"I actually called your mom to help me with an idea for your birthday" He said.

"What?" I said.

"He asked me to help him get you a cake, since I know what flavor and style you like, I agreed to help him" My mom said.

"She was in the middle of helping me bring the cake to my car so I could take it back to the office for tommorow, I was going to put it in the fridge to suprise you with tommorow" He admitted.

"Really?" I said feeling a little bit embarrassed.

"Yeah? Why? What did you think I was doing?" Shayne asked.

"Um uh nothing" I said completely embarrassed.

"Wait did you think- oh my god! You thought I was cheating on you!" Shayne said.

My mom slinked away towards the hallway to avoid this awkward situation.

"I was going to suprise you and you thought I was cheating on you!" He said upset.

"Shayne-" I tried to say.

"I- I- I can't believe it!" He said flinging his arms in the air and going to his room.

I followed after him to try and calm him and somewhat apologize. When I got to the room he was sitting on his bed with his hands in his face. I sat down next to him. After a couple of tries I managed to pull his hands away from his face. I held his hands as I spoke to him.

"Shayne, I don't know why I thought you would cheat on me" I began.

"You're the best boyfriend I could ask for and I feel so guilty now" I said.

He turned to me.

"I- ... I don't blame you, I just.. I would never cheat on you Olivia" He said sympathetically.

"I know" I said and hugged him.

"I love you" I whispered in his ear as we embraced.

"I love you too" He said as we separated.

We walked back out to the living room hand in hand and joined my mom.

"Now how about some cake?" I asked playfully.

"It's a little late for that" He said pointing at the cake.

The cake was completely smushed on the ground. Shayne had lost his grip and dropped it when I barged in.

"Hehe sorry about that" I giggled.

"Well I'm gonna go, I have to find another cake anyways" My mom said opening the door.

"Bye Mom, sorry about the cake" I said.

"Mhm" She said pursing her lips as she left.

The door shut behind her as I turned to Shayne.

"Well, I can think of a few ways that I can make it up to you" I said flirtatiously circling my index finger in his pecs.

"I can think of one" He said grinning.

"Oh really? What?" I said smirking.

"This one" He said and handed me a dustpan and broom.

"Wha-" I began.

"I'll be in the shower, let me know when you're done" He said walking off.

I sighed and bent down to clean up the cake. This was going to take a while.