Tutor Pt. 1

Shayne is failing Spanish class and is in need of help

3rd Person:

"Ay dios mío!" Ms. Alvarez said.

Shayne is scribbling down a few ideas that had just popped into his head when Ms. Alvarez startles him. He has the decency to look apologetic when he notices the disapproving look on her face.

"Lo siento?" Shayne shrugs sheepishly.

The teacher just raises a brow and hands him his graded quiz.

"It seems as though that's the only phrase you know in Spanish Mr. Topp" She says.

Ms. Alvarez takes a peek at the barely legible scrawls in his notebook and Shayne's fingers twitch to close it. With that she walks away, her heels clicking loudly against the floor. Shayne slumps down in his chair as he sees yet another big red F stamped onto his paper, mocking him. And it's not for lack of effort either. He's spent day and night trying to study so he could pass this test. It just wasn't registering with him. He always got the pronunciation, spelling, and accent marks wrong. Also, informal and formal way of saying things always threw him off too. His dad was going to ground him or worse, kill him. Not a minute later the bell rings and Shayne is making his way towards Ms. Alvarez's desk when he bumps into someone causing papers to go flying.

"Oh shh- I'm sorry!" He said hastily trying to pick up the papers.

"It's okay" Says the person he ran into.

Shayne looks up and the first thing he sees is big round glasses. The next thing he sees is a really beautiful girl behind the glasses. She has straight black hair and her eyes were a dark brown like freshly brewed coffee.

"Wow," He blurts out. 

He can't stop staring at her even though he's already handed back her papers.

"Thank you.. um excuse me" She says shyly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 

"Shit- sorry I'm in your way aren't I? Yeah go ahead! Sorry about dropping your papers and yeah." Shayne rambles on.

He steps aside so the poor girl can leave. Shayne stands there watching her leave and wonders why he's never noticed her before and the fact that he never even got her name. There are more pressing matters  though than pursuing the most gorgeous girl he's ever laid eyes on.

"Ms. Alvarez I need-" He began

"What you need to do is get to your next class Mr. Topp" Ms. Alvarez said.

"Yes but also I need to know how to not fail your class" Shayne said.

"Estudiar"She said.

"I'm going to assume that means study" He guessed.

"Shayne, I've done everything I can to help you. If you'd pay attention in class I'm sure that'd help a lot" Ms. Alvarez said sighing.

It's not that Shayne purposely doesn't pay attention in class it's just that inspiration conveniently strikes whenever he's in Spanish class. He's the type of person that needs to write down his ideas as soon as they come to mind or it'll bug him like something itching at the back of his brain. By the time he's gotten everything out and tunes back into the lesson he's completely lost and left to fend for himself.