Impossible

Shayne is put in an impossible situation

Shayne:

Remind me to thank Damien for lending me this new game. It's only been an hour and I'm already fully immersed.

'Ping'

Welp. My phone went off and alerted me that I had a new text. I unlocked my phone and checked the text. It was just one text from Olivia asking me if I could come over. That's strange, usually she explains more in her text. I texted back and asked if everything was okay. Not even a minute later, she texted just two words.

'Please Shayne'

Despite being confused, that's all I needed. I started turning everything off and getting ready to leave. I care a lot about Olivia, maybe even too much.. So if something was wrong, I was determined to help her. I locked the apartment door behind me and got in my car. I tried to drive slow but my adrenaline kicked in and I practically raced there. Once I parked my car, I took the stairs up to her apartment so it would be faster. I quickly knocked on her wooden door. A second later, a tear stricken Olivia was on the other side.

"Olivia!?" I said with a gasp.

She didn't say anything just grabbed me by the arm and pulled me inside. Once she hastily locked the door, she engulfed me in a tight hug and unleashed sobs into my chest. The only thing I could do was wrap my arms around her and stroke her hair.

"Shhh it's okay" I tried to reassure her.

Olivia just let out an even bigger sob before letting herself go limp in my arms. I had to catch her quickly under her arms so she didn't fall to the floor.

"Let's take a breather over here Olivia" I said lowly and managed to carry her to the couch.

She collapsed into the right side and grabbed a pillow to hold tight to her chest. I took my place next to her and tried to understand what she was so upset.

"Hey... What's going on?" I asked holding her free hand.

Olivia opened her mouth to speak but instead more sobs came out. I squeezed her tiny hand and then stroked it gently with my thumb. It took about 5 more minutes of me calming her down before she could finally somewhat talk.

"He- he- he-" She began but couldn't finish.

"Hey, take it slow" I said turning her so we looked into each others eyes.

That seemed to settle her down more and get her to loosen her grip on my hand.

"He- he- he cheated on me!" Olivia said loudly.

"Who- wait, Sam?" I asked.

She nodded her head repeatedly before coughing from all the crying she'd been doing.

"Oh no" I said realizing.

She finally moved from her spot on the couch but only to engulf me in her arms again.

"Why would he do that?" She said into my ear.

I could feel her breath raise the hairs on my neck. To be honest, I don't know why he would do that. Sam to me, doesn't seem like the cheating type. Maybe that's just the friend in me talking though.

"Are you sure, I mean-" I began.

"Do you think I'm a liar!?" Olivia asked angrily interrupting me.

"No That's not-" I tried to say.

"You're trying to make me seem like the bad one-" She began to lament me.

"Olivia!" I said interrupting her this time.