Faux

Shayne runs into Olivia at the grocery store and asks for help when he sees his ex

Shayne:

As I ducked inside one of the aisles I bumped into someone.

"Sorry" I muttered.

"Really Shayne...." An annoyed voice said.

"Wait how do you know my name?" I asked and looked over.

When I looked I saw Olivia with an annoyed look picking up items off the floor and putting them back in her basket. I must've knocked them out when I bumped into her.

"It'd be hard not to know you" She said finishing.

"Sorry I didn't see you there" I said apologetically.

"What are you doing here and why do you look like your hiding from someone?" She asked.

"I was just picking some stuff up when I saw someone I wasn't expecting to see" I explained.

"Who?" She asked.

Before I could answer her question, a woman carrying a basket of her own walked by. Instead of continuing on like I hoped, she must've seen me out of the corner of her eye because she stopped.

"Shayne?" She said.

"Uh hey Jennifer...." I said.

Jennifer was dressed in a skin tight black tank top with matching black yoga pants. Her nails were painted pink and her long brown hair flowed onto her back.

"Oh my god! How long has it been? I haven't seen you in like forever. How are you doing?" Jennifer asked.

"I'm um doing good" I said giving Olivia a quick 'help me' look.

Olivia gave me a confused look until I grabbed her hand with mine and gave her a tug towards me so she was at my side.

"That's good, oh who's this?" Jennifer asked.

"This is uh my girlfriend, Olivia" I said.

I felt Olivia punch me annoyed in the back before putting on a fake smile.

"Hello, It's nice to meet you! How do you know Shayne?" Olivia asked.

"Oh please. I'm sure Shayne has told you all about me" Jennifer said flipping her hair.

"You said your name was Julie?" Olivia said.

"It's Jennifer" Jennifer snapped back.

"Oh right, sorry. Yeah, he hasn't said anything about you. Sorry" Olivia said.

"I'm sure it must've slipped his mind" Jennifer said annoyed.

Olivia gave her a smile and then wrapped her arms around my waist.

"I guess he has been a little preoccupied" Olivia said locking eyes with me.

A smile spread across my face in response to Olivia's acting skills. We both turned back to Jennifer though after she huffed angrily. I had to suppress a laugh at how easy Olivia had gotten under her skin. I wrapped my arm around Olivia's waist to get back into character. Jennifer stood there with a scowl on her face.

"You ok Jennifer? You look a little upset" I said trying to maintain a straight face.

"Nothing, I hope you two are happy together" Jennifer muttered before storming off.

Almost as soon as Jennifer left we separated and Olivia turned to me.

"She wants to fuck you" Olivia said in a mouse voice.