Tables Turned

Shayne turns the tables on Olivia.

3rd Person:

Olivia felt the mattress change with Shayne's weight now on it. 

"I'm never letting you go out with Damien ever again, you reek of beer Shayne!" She said.

It was four o clock in the morning and Shayne had just returned from going to a bar with Keith, Noah and Damien. Olivia wasn't so happy about his late night drinking.

"What?" Shayne stuttered. 

He didn't understand anything Olivia was saying. It was all a blur. 

"Go to sleep Shayne" She said annoyed. 

He tried to wrap his arms and her and pull her closer but she pushed herself away from him and removed his hands from her. The next morning Shayne woke up with a pounding headache. His vision was slightly blurred and he felt like shit. He noticed a glass of water and two aspirins on his bedside locker. Olivia's side of the bed was empty. After a few tries he finally heaved himself out of bed and made his way into their kitchen. Olivia was lying on the couch currently on her phone. 

"Morning" He groaned .

He sat down beside her and pecked her cheek. She didn't respond. Shayne knew something was definitely up. 

"Okay what's with the silent treatment?" He asked sympathetically. 

She rolled her eyes. 

"What did I do wrong babe?" He pleaded. 

She groaned and shifted her position on the couch to look at him.

"Maybe it's your drunk ass coming home at 4 am this morning" Olivia said. 

"I'm sorry Liv, Damien..." Shayne started to say. 

"Of course it was Damien" She interrupted. 

"He's not that bad Olivia, you two are friends remember" He said. 

"Don't remind me, I just don't want you coming home late anymore Shayne!" She said.

"But babe" he pleaded.

 Olivia moved back to her original position on the couch. 

"You can't treat me like a child Olivia, I'm an adult, I can handle myself" Shayne stated. 

"Once you start acting like an adult, then you can go out" Olivia said annoyed. 

Boyfriends were hard work. Later that day there was a knock at the door. Olivia opened it to see Damien standing on their doorstep. 

"Hey Olivia" Damien said. 

"Hi Damien" She said bluntly. 

"Shayne" Olivia shouted into the house. 

Shayne came speedily walking down the stairs. 

"I got it babe thanks" Shayne said.

He leaned up against the door as Olivia walked away to their bedroom.

"You coming in bro" Shayne asked.

Damien came in and the two men sat on the couch. 

"So I was thinking for Noah's birthday we could all go to that new bar" Damien suggested. 

"Olivia's not letting me go out" Shayne complained. 

"What?" Damien said looking at Shayne confused. 

"Yeah she's annoyed that I came home late this morning, apparently I don't act my age" Shayne groaned. 

"Bro, you need to stand up for yourself" Damien said laughing. 

"But it's Olivia and god knows what she'll do if I do" Shayne groaned. 

"True" Damien agreed.

"How about we invite a bunch of people?" Damien suggested.

"How's that going to help?" Shayne asked. 

"You didn't let me finish, we can invite loads of Noah's friends and Olivia can come as well and boom then she's out as well and can't get annoyed at you" Damien said confidently. 

"Yeah that could actually work" Shayne agreed.

The two boys started to organize the party for Noah. A few beers and hours later, Damien left Olivia and Shayne's place. Shayne set about making dinner for the two of them. He was grilling some chicken and vegetables for a stir fry when two small arms wrapped around his waist and cuddled into his back. 

"You alright Liv?" He asked. 

She propped herself up on the kitchen counter beside where Shayne was cooking. 

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired!" She said.

"Well dinners nearly ready and then we can go watch American Horror Story" Shayne said.

"Sounds like a plan" Olivia smiled 

She planted a kiss on his cheek and then his lips.

"Also, Damien and I were planning to have a birthday party for Noah" Shayne said. 

"Babe, please, don't go out with the boys!" Olivia begged. 

"But you can come too and Courtney, Boze and Mari are coming" He said.

"You got me good Topp" She said rolling her eyes.

A few weeks later, Olivia and Shayne were getting ready to go to the penthouse for Noah's party. Olivia was wearing a black bralette with lacy detailing and a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a pair of black stiletto heels. She paired the dark and full outfit with a pink denim jacket to brighten it up. 

"Damn I'm glad I convinced you to come" Shayne said eyeing her. 

They shared a passionate kiss before his phone buzzed. 

"Way to ruin the moment" Olivia said sarcastically. 

He grabbed his phone out of his pocket. 

"Our Uber's here" Shayne said as he grabbed his keys from the main door bowl and took Olivia's hand.

They had reserved the top level of the penthouse with their own private bar and lounge. Everyone was sitting around having drinks and talking. Shayne noticed that there were many people here that he didn't remember inviting but Damien probably invited them. Olivia was usually pretty good with her alcohol so Shayne didn't worry about her until she was a few drinks in. But today was a complete change, Olivia only had a few drinks but was completely wasted. The clock was about to strike one in the morning when the party started to quiet down. Usually their parties lasted until no one could stand after drinking and dancing as much as they did but tonight the crowd slowly got smaller and smaller over time.

"I better go Dame, need to bring Olivia home before she passes out." Shayne said. 

"No prob man thanks for coming and hanging out" Damien said giving Shayne a pat on the back.

Shayne took Olivia by the waist and lead her out of the penthouse and to their Uber which was waiting outside. Shayne guided her back into their apartment and lifted her into bed. Olivia slightly stirred as he placed her down. He smiled. How did he get so lucky? He got changed into his pajama bottoms and climbed in beside her. He could smell the wine on her breath. He quickly kissed her cheek and layed down next to her. 

"Oh how the tables have turned" Shayne said smiling to himself.