Arc 1.4

Currently, Shi Shen was sitting at the dining table eating his breakfast as usual if you ignored the male lead who was picking some food to make a small mountain with his rice bowl as a foundation.

Finally snapped, Shi Shen put down his chopstick and glared at the man,” What are you doing?!”

Qichen lifted his head from his bowl and casually replied,” Picking some foods for you.”

Hearing this kind of answer, the boy gashed his teeth in anger then squeezed out a sentence,” Don’t play dumb with me! What I'm asking is that why are you doing this?!”

Qichen immediately answered,” To let you eat them.”

The boy was rendered speechless and you could even see smoke coming out on top of his head due to his anger if this was in the anime.

Knowing his limit, Qichen finally talked seriously,” You are too skinny so you need to eat more. Don't worry these are all prepared according to the doctor so you are fine to finish this amount of food.”

Even though Qichen’s words felt like he cared about his well-being instead of feeling good Shi Shen eyed him suspiciously as he said in a serious tone,” I know that you hate me so why bothering doing this?”

Seeing that the youth could say that someone hated him without feeling hurt even a little bit Qichen felt a wave of guilt swept across him.

His expression softened as his voice became even gentler,” I admit that it is my fault that I did not pay attention to you and treat you like a stranger even though we live under the same roof. I want to fix that mistake and mend our relationship, can't I?”

Obviously didn't expect that he would hear this from Nian Qichen’s mouth, the boy was momentarily stunned but he then realized something causing him to frown.

“ A few days ago, you said that you haven't forgiven me for what I had done so how come today you say that you want to befriend me?”

Being question back, Qichen was a bit sluggish on how to reply since it was just like what Lin Yue has said, he just warned the boy a few days ago but now he wanted to make amend for his mistake. This seemed to be a bit wrong?

So how to reply since even he, himself cannot find the answer?

“ See? You cannot answer, right? How can someone like me being like by others?” Shi Shen gave a mocking smile but that smile seemed to mock himself letting Qichen to immediately respond back with a serious tone,” You are not a bad person so don't berate yourself. Don't let others decide your worth. My parents genuinely care for you it’s just that they don't know how to express themselves so seeing that you don't want to talk to them they also don't dare to take the initiative to talk to you.”

He paused a bit then added,”Or perhaps, you hate them?”

Almost instantly Shi Shen replied,”Of course not! It is just that-”

Realizing he almost spilled out his true feelings, the boy immediately clamped his mouth shut not uttering any more words.

Seeing this Qichen tapped his slender finger on the table for a few times then let out a sentence,” You felt that they are out of your reach, right?”

Having his true thought being said out loud, the boy’s eyes widened in shock as he stared blankly at the older man without saying anything.

The corner of Qichen’s lips hook into a smile,” From what you saw a few days ago at the dining room, do you still think that they are the respectable chairmen who were feared by others?”