Arc 4.20

The Forgotten Empress undoubtedly became a successful gender-bender drama and was the talk of the year. Even Gu Xiang’s fame as a newbie scriptwriter also shot up.

He Xiu who was currently in the US at this time quickly called to congratulate the two and also told them the good news about himself.

After their group disbanded, He Xiu took Ye Xie’s word and tried out his luck to debut internationally, and surprisingly, his audition got accepted by a newly-built company that was slowly gaining fame.

Of course, he needed to train for a period of time before he was allowed to debut, and finally, he passed the assessment set by the company and would be able to debut soon!

He also did not forget his word and really debuted under the name ‘Xie’. Years later, others would often ask why he debuted as Xie instead of his name Xiu?

They even jokingly said that was it a typo in the beginning?

He Xiu would laugh and tell the truth.

Xie was the name of his benefactor.

Without his advice, he would never dream of setting his foot in another country despite not doing well in his own country.

He might not continue to pursue his dream to become a musician.

Well, this was something in the future so for now, He Xiu was excited that everyone seemed to finally walk on the right path.

One member unexpectedly became a famous scriptwriter.

Another member gloriously turned into a super famous actor.

He, himself was unsure about his future but he would give his best and try till the end.

However, there was one person that He Xiu couldn’t help but think of.

Their captain, Mu Sheng.

To be honest, he was shocked to see that kind of news about him because after all, he spent quite a time with Mu Sheng therefore he knew that he was not that narrow-minded person.

Their captain was not a genius but he was hard-working which was why he could occupy the main vocalist position. Recalling their days as trainees He Xiu and Gu Xiang were actually quite reluctant to believe the news.

However, they also couldn’t deny that their kind-hearted captain seemed to change after Ye Xie came and things became even clearer after seeing the resources that he got after their group’s disbanding.

He was no longer the Mu Sheng that they used to know.

He Xiu was more compassionate and wanted to talk with Mu Sheng face-to-face but Gu Xiang shook his head upon hearing his suggestion.

Gu Xiang was more clear-headed and he was more adept in seeing through people’s façade.

Mu Sheng did not have any intention of keeping in touch with them.

Not once did he ask them about their well-beings so Gu Xiang was not kind enough to take the initiative to talk to him.

Hearing Gu Xiang’s clear cut no, He Xiu could only sigh and decided to focus on his debut instead.

On the other side, Mu Sheng’s face was haggard and lifeless. He felt like this life seemed to be even worse than his previous one.

Currently, things were not going well for him whether it be his career or his relationship with his agency and his colleagues.

He also did not get any jobs in recent days causing him to stay at home most of the time. If not, he would need to attend the dinner party trying his luck to make connections.