Arc 2.4

Gu Shang almost roared at him.

All you eat was plain rice and you are already done?! Can't you see that he is running away from you?!

He was about to say no when He Zhuoyan lightly shook his head.

Gu Shang hesitated for a bit then helplessly sighed, “Okay.”

Therefore, Zheng Zhi slightly bowed his head then got up to where Shi Shen was.

Currently, they were walking in the garden as Zheng Zhi was holding the lantern illuminating the path.

He purposely slowed down so that they could walk side by side but unfortunately, the other person kept his head lowered not even bother talking with him.

Therefore, Zheng Zhi was the one to strike the conversation,”Today why did you suddenly come back?”

To his response, the young man lowered his head even more without even answering but Zheng Zhi didn't get angry with him, he calmly put down another question,”Why did you go there then?”

Unexpectedly, this time he heard a small voice come from by his side,”To give you lunch.”

At his answer, Zheng Zhi instantly turned his head to look at the person beside him, obviously startled.

“Why is your lunch with Xu Huang?”

Hearing this name came out from his mouth, Shi Shen appeared to be sullen. He dispiritedly said,”Isn't he your friend? I let him deliver it to you.”

Hearing his reply, Zheng Zhi frowned.

“Since when did I become his friend?”

Shi Shen appeared to not believe his answer as he answered,”Nevermind, I bet my food was a joke compare to him.”

“You make them?” His voice contained an undisguised surprise.

“Mm.”

Almost immediately Zheng Zhi's face fell.

Recalling what Xu Huang said to him, Zheng Zhi knew that that damn Ger had thrown away Gu Rong’s food while giving him his own food.

From what he has heard, he could deduct that Xu Huang was a proud chef so there was no way he would claim others’ food to be his.

So the only possibility was that.

Seriously, he has been tolerating his actions for a while now.

He needed to let Gu Yanwu kept a lease on his pet properly.

“I bet you didn't eat it, right?”

This sentence immediately jabbed Zheng Zhi at the throat. Even though it was not his fault but it was still a fact that he didn't get to eat his food.

“That Xu Huang tripped and made the food spilled on the ground. Sorry, I didn't get to eat them.”

Zheng Zhi lied without even blinking his eyes causing Shi Shen to raise his brows in amusement he slowly put down another question, ”What are the dishes that I made?”

Zheng Zhi, ”......”

The conversation suddenly died down.

Shi Shen bid his farewell and entered his room without looking back.

Zheng Zhi kept standing there. It seemed like he had no intention of moving anytime soon until who knows how long has passed did his servant come to call him back to his house.

****

Almost at dawn, Shi Shen was awakened by He Tian’s voice.

“Wake up! Zheng Zhi is here!”