Arc 3.10

He Tian heartily laughed,’’Karma strikes quite fast!’’

‘’For your information. The side task is 200 points this time.’’

Meaning if he were to forfeit he would get minus 200 points. Not to mention, the side task won't refresh until the current was completed, therefore, Shi Shen had no choice but to comply with.

Shi Shen also figured this out so he swiftly changed what was going to say to the other person,’’Let’s talk in our room.’’

He then turned around to apologetically look at the female lead before taking the male lead by his wrist to drag him out.

Artemis still had on a dissatisfied face but he didn’t shake off his hand from the other person’s clutch and silently followed after him.

Staring down at the beautiful hand on his wrist, he couldn’t help recalling the first time that he had touched that very same hand.

It was white and tender but now it has become bigger and full of calluses from practicing sword fight every day.

The past him used to have only him by his side but now he was surrounded by a lot of people.

Is he going to leave him in the near future as well?

Didn’t hear anything from the other person, Shi Shen finally turned his face to look at him only to see that he was unblinkingly staring at his hand.

Knowing that it would be strange if others were to see this, Shi Shen promptly released his hand but he has just loosened his grip when the other person suddenly grabbed his hand while staring straight into his eyes, he said,’’Are you interested in her?’’

‘’We’re just friends.’’Answered Shi Shen.

After putting down these words, he tried to take back his hand but Artemis tightened his grip and continued to ask,’’You are not allowed to like her.’’

Wanting this matter to end quickly, Shi Shen quickly agreed,’’Okay.’’

‘’You can only like me.’’

At this, Shi Shen involuntarily went silent.

With just this brief silence, Artemis's hope was instantly shattered.

He just wanted to test him by saying that sentence.

If the other didn’t really realize his feelings, he would not hesitate to say yes but…

Now he knew his answer.

It was not like he couldn’t see but he pretended not to see.

Artemis dispiritedly released Shi Shen's hand and coldly looked away.

For the first time ever, Artemis was the one who left him.

Shi Shen stood still in his place without turning around to stop him or more like he couldn’t bring himself to.

He just realized he was so used to the man chasing him that it became like something to be expected coming out from him.

Ironically, he has never thought that the man would give up on him one day.

Why? Didn’t he not trust him?

Shouldn’t he be glad at this moment?

No one would interfere with his mission in the future so it wouldn’t be long before he fulfilled the promised points.

So what with this unpleasant feeling?

After staying for a while, Shi Shen finally recollected himself.