Arc 2.14

Nonetheless, Shi Shen wouldn’t go back on his decision so he insisted with a firm look,’’I don’t want to get pointed at by others for making you become muddleheaded.’’

Zheng Zhi completely went silent.

It took him awhile to say his next line,‘’Fine, I will go but you need to wait for me to come back.’’

Shi Shen paused a bit then actually promised him,"Mm."

One week later, Zheng Zhi departed.

Afterward, the imperial city was unperturbed like there was no war breaking out in the first place.

Xu Huang’s business flourished and he was enjoying the care from his men every single day.

Surprisingly, the day he gave birth was the same day that supposed to be Zheng Zhi’s wedding day. However, Zheng Zhi who supposed to be a groom on that day was instead fighting at the border which caused a lot of people to pity him and their respect of him elevated into a new height.

News of victory arrived one after another, it would not be long before Great Wu emerged as victor.

Finally, 2 years later Zheng Zhi captured the two countries indicating the end of the war.

Zheng Zhi rushed days and nights without rest to arrive in the capital as soon as possible. Although Shi Shen sent letters to him every month, he would still not be at ease without seeing him with his own eyes.

Rain was pouring down but the crowd did not disperse nor caring how they looked like a wet rat at this moment. Finally, the guard made an announcement with a cheerful voice,’’General Zheng is back!’’

Soon afterward, hundreds of soldiers clasped in armor uniformly marched in through the capital's gate with Zheng Zhi riding on top of the black horse with a ramrod straight back at the front.

Everyone cheered and shout out Zheng Zhi’s name but he didn’t care. His eyes glanced around hoping to see a certain person but thinking again he shouldn’t be here with this kind of bad weather so he immediately went to the palace to report his arrival in the fastest speed.

The Emperor, his queen and several concubines personally welcomed him at the entrance of the great hall. Zheng Zhi was about to kneel down when the Emperor quickly stepped forward to stop him.

‘’There’s no need to. You are our Great Wu’s hero so We are really grateful toward you!’’

His face was full of smile but then hesitation flashed through his eyes when he thought about what he was going to say next.

In the end, the Emperor just waved his hand,’’You should go back and take a rest. No need to stay here for any longer.’’

Zheng Zhi didn’t know why but he felt a bad premonition upon hearing this. No longer staying, he immediately dashed out and got on his horse.

Not long after, he quickly arrived at the Prince Gu’s Estate which everyone has already came outside…

Except for that person.

Zheng Zhi’s heart beat wildly, he clumsily jumped down of his horse and immediately walked toward He Zhouyan.

It was only 2 years but He Zhouyan looked like he had aged for 10 years as he stared at Zheng Zhi without saying anything.

Zheng Zhi tried to calm himself down but his quivered voice gave him away,’’W-where is he?’’

Right after his question went out, Gu Shang immediately cried without any restraint, even He Zhouyan’s eyes gradually became red.