Arc 3.7

The sound of birds chirping was noisily sounded. The faint morning sunlight that penetrated through the curtain landed on Artemis’s face causing him to have a slight frown on his face.

His long curly eyelashes slightly trembled as his eyes were slowly opened revealing his beautiful scarlet eyes.

It took him only a few seconds to realize that he was unexpectedly back in his room.

Did Seth take him back?

As he was thinking, he started to support himself in a half-sitting position. While he was doing so, the door suddenly opened as his butler stepped in with a food tray in his hands.

The moment the old man saw his prince finally woken up, his eyes immediately lit up in excitement.

‘’Your Highness, you finally woke up!’’

‘’How long have I been out this time?’’

Hearing his question, the butler smiled,’’It has only been 18 hours!’’

Artemis was surprised upon hearing this. Normally it would take him at least 3 days just to wake up so this time was considered to be extremely short.

Seeing his confused look, the butler quickly explained,’’The doctor said that your condition actually improves so there is a chance your illness might be cured!’’

Artemis just casually nodded his head without any hint of excitement on his face, he instead asked,’’Where is Seth?’’

‘’He in the class. Should I go call him over?’’

Artemis shook his head,’’No need. You can leave now.’’

So the butler put down his breakfast then silently exited the room.

At that time, his mind was not clear but he still remembered that warm feeling clearly. It seemed like Seth had something to do with his health improvement.

But if he were to ask him, there is a high chance that he will not answer.

Just like that time.

Shi Shen didn’t come back to the dorm until late in the evening so Artemis was already waiting for him with a fresh look, unlike someone who just recovered from the illness.

‘’Are you feeling okay already?’’

Artemis nodded his head in return then said,’’Let’s have dinner together.’’

‘’Okay. I will be back after taking a shower.’’

Therefore, Artemis told his subordinates to set up the table in the terrace to enjoy the cool breeze.

After Shi Shen came back, they started to eat their dinner.

While staring at him, Artemis has always been wondering why a commoner could actually possess this elegant and pure aura which surpassed even a real noble but he simply suppressed his curiosity.

After another while has passed and still didn’t hear the other person asked him anything, Artemis finally opened his mouth to talk,’’Why don’t you ask me anything?’’

Shi Shen lightly chuckled,’’What am I to intrude into your personal matter?’’

‘’If it was you, I will answer anything.’’

Shi Shen put down the knife and fork then lightly wiped his mouth with the napkin and as always he neatly folded it back.

He then smiled at the boy,’’It is no difference in knowing or not so I choose not to know. Same goes for you, right?’’

Artemis didn’t answer since it was really the truth.

Staring at his clear blue eyes, sometimes he felt like this person seemed so distant and that he was actually not smiling.

It was hard to tell which one was his real side.

‘’You know children can be either angels or devils. The only difference between them and adults is that you clearly know which one belongs to which. That’s why I feel rather comfortable when dealing with them.’’

‘’What’s more, I don’t like being indebted to someone."

Artemis had a puzzled look on his face while listening to him. He didn’t understand why he suddenly said this.

Shi Shen didn’t answer and finally got up to go back into the room.

Since he couldn't be here when they turned into adults, therefore, he decided to engage with him early on.

The male lead may be invincible but his life lacked warmth. Only until he came to meet the female lead did he experienced it.