Arc 3.12

Inside the kitchen.

‘’Damn brat, tell me what is going on here?’’

While Shi Shen was busying himself with chopping the vegetables, he gave a light chuckle,’’What do you mean by that?’’

‘’Although I’m not that smart, I still feel that there is something going on between the three of you!’’

Hearing this, Shi Shen amusedly raised his brows but he still feigned ignorance,’’Those two might become our King and Queen in the future.’’

Howth was shell-shocked once he heard this but then he praised himself for having such a good guess earlier on.

However, he figured out a serious problem,’’No wonder, High Highness looks so scary. I feel chill just sitting near him.’’

‘’It is already good enough that he didn’t burn down the whole house.’’Lightly muttered Shi Shen.

He went out of his real character a lot just to complete that side task but the thing was that he didn’t feel impulsive in doing them.

Howth who still didn’t know anything wisely advised his son,’’Since you already knew this then don’t have any feelings for her, okay? With your looks, there is no shortage of women. Even if you want to get married right after you graduate, I won’t mind!’’

Shi Shen just laughed it off but he internally thought: Sadly, your son won’t even get to graduate.

In but a few months, he would need to leave this world.

After another while, a hearty meal finally finished.

Seeing those delicious and extravagant dishes, Ella was too shocked to believe that the man was the one who made them.

While, she a woman couldn’t make a single dish….

Since Shi Shen was a friend of the two guests, he needed to sit beside them but Artemis wouldn’t give Ella the chance to sit near them and nonchalantly said,’’Lady Vendale, you should sit beside Clarice.’’

His remark didn’t sound strange since Howth sat at the head of the table while Clarice was on his right and Shi Shen was on his left so it wouldn’t look good if Ella, a woman was to sit beside Shi Shen.

Left with no choice, Ella forced a smile and went to sit beside Clarice while Artemis leisurely sat down beside Shi Shen.

Howth thought that His Highness was jealous of having her sitting beside another man so he began to really believe his son words.

He really couldn’t believe that the Future King and Queen were currently dining at his humble house!

Seeing Howth’s excited face, Shi Shen instantly knew what he was thinking of so he couldn’t help but shake his head and finally went to slice the steak in front of him.

He has just cut a small piece of meat when a low and magnetic voice suddenly heard from besides him,’’Here. Give me yours.’’

A plate full of perfectly sliced meat was presented in front of him. Of course, Shi Shen was in no place to reject his offer so he gave him a smile as he took that plate and gave his to the man in return.

Artemis was satisfied with his acceptance. As he prepared to cut the steak, he suddenly saw his father-in-law stared at him with a gaping mouth so he politely asked,’’Want me to cut it for you too?’’

Having been asked this, Howth was horrified beyond words and vigorously shook his head.

‘’Uncle, there is no need to be polite. I already thought of you as my family.’’

Didn’t know his underlying meaning, Howth was touched upon hearing this. If not because he was royalty, he didn’t mind him calling him ‘Dad’.

Their Empire’s future seemed to be really bright with High Highness as the ruler!

Due to this, he completely forgot about his initial shock seeing the previous scene.

Meanwhile, Ella secretly glared at a certain Crown Prince. How come she never know that the Crown Prince was this shameless?

At this rate, her adorable Senior might get eaten thoroughly without anything left by him!

However, she knew her own disadvantages well. Compared to that man who could be considered as a childhood sweetheart, she was simply a close junior to the Senior.

Just by looking at how Senior’s family reacted normally to the Crown Prince, she knew that he had already succeeded in gaining their trust.

‘’Oh right, Senior, thank you for the gifts. I will be sure to wear them.’’

Shi Shen lifted his face to gently smile at her,’’No, I should be the one who should thank you for going out with me today.’’

‘’Next time, should we go to the temple to pray? While we are at it, we can also enter their library.’’

Shi Shen was about to nod his head when a cold voice suddenly rang out,’’He’s busy.’’

Artemis nonchalantly continued,’’Unlike you who is the fourth year, we, seniors are busy. Right?’’

His last words were directed at the man beside him to which Shi Shen ‘innocently’ replied to the female lead,’’Arte is right. I might not have time in the future but I will make sure to tell you if I am free.’’

His answer was somewhere in between the two so it was hard to say which side he was on.

Artemis didn’t show his real emotion on his face but he gave the man beside him a meaningful glance.

You sure have a glib-tongue.

Meanwhile, Ella was not disappointed with the reply since this meant that she still stood a chance.

The Crown Prince was undoubtedly outstanding but Senior was extraordinary himself so why would he succumb to another man?

Not to mention, the Crown Prince had a huge responsibility in continuing his lineage so he should know when to give up after weighing the pros and cons.

Meanwhile, Howth who was watching them on the sideline suddenly felt another enlighten.

Why do these two need to use his son to make each other jealous?

Never in his wildest dreams would he think that the two were actually fighting for his son’s affection.

Finally, the dinner finished peacefully and Shi Shen spoke some more with his family since this might be his last time seeing them.

He then got in Artemis’s carriage. As for the reason, it was not suitable to be in the same carriage as an unmarried lady.

Therefore, Ella was currently sitting alone in the Academy’s carriage.

On their way back to the dorm, neither of Artemis nor Shi Shen spoke.

After the door was closed, Shi Shen suddenly got trapped in between the male lead and the door.

He was a bit stunned.

Did he just get kabedon by a man?

A cold voice soon snapped him back to the present,’’I don’t have a bottom line for you but not for others.’’

Artemis then continued when he saw the other man was about to say something,’’I will wait and won’t force myself on you but I won’t stay still if you are with another person.’’

Artemis was confident that he was the only person who understood this man the most. Therefore, how could he not tell that he actually not willing to shun that woman away?