Arc 4.14

Since Xiao Jie’s matter has been resolved. Shi Shen sent him and everything that was necessary to Gao Chen before flying to the B city on the very next day.

Of course, Gao Chen was not idle enough to look after the cat by himself so most of the time, he let the caretaker take care of it.

Miserably enough, even the caretaker was not rejected by that fat cat like him so Gao Chen began to think that the problem was not lying with him but that cat so it was no use even if he tried hard to understand it.

Getting out of the bathroom, Gao Chen was drying his hair with a towel when his eyes suddenly caught a certain furball sleeping peacefully on his bed.

Momentarily paused, Gao Chen frowned,’’Who told you to sleep on the bed?’’

Just imagining that its fur was lying everywhere on his bed, Gao Chen’s face went dark.

However, facing his terrifying face, Xiao Jie simply swayed his tail and continued to sleep.

Gao Chen didn’t know why but to some degree this cat acted just like its owner.

He was about to take the cat off his bed and moved it to its nest when suddenly, his phone rang.

It was a video call initiated by the cat’s owner.

Gao Chen didn’t hesitate to pick up the call and almost immediately, a familiar exquisite face that he hasn’t seen for half a month appeared.

Didn’t know whether it was for his role or not but the other face was noticeably slimmed down to which Gao Chen unconsciously knitted his brows together,’’It seems that you don't eat well?’’

Shi Shen was not surprised upon hearing this, he calmly responded,’’For the role so I put down some weight. What’s about you? It seems like your workload increase?’’

Gao Chen was already used to work overtime as a President every day so it was already normal for him to thin down. 

It’s just that no one really asked him about the matter of him eating properly or not so he felt a bit novel once hearing this.

Gao Chen didn't deny his claim and nonchalantly said,‘’Well, I’m already used to it.’’

Shi Shen went silent for a bit before saying,’’If this were to be the case, shouldn’t you be suing your boss by now?’’

Gao Chen,’’……’’You want me to sue myself?

‘’Does Xiao Jie cause any trouble for you?’’

Glancing at that fat cat sleeping on his bed, Gao Chen gritted his teeth and said,’’No. He is really obedient and well-mannered.’’

On the other side, seeing that he was glancing at the direction of the bed, Shi Shen raised his brows in amusement,’’You let him sleep on your bed?’’

Hearing this, Gao Chen asked in surprise,’’You don’t?’’

‘’Well, most of the time I let him sleep with me but I don't think that he will sleep on your bed where it is full of your scent considering how he treated you last time. It seems like he really trusts you.’’

Gao Chen,’’……’’Are you sure that he is not merely looking down on me and want to take the bed all to himself?

Anyways, with Xiao Jie acting as a bridge Gao Chen seemed to find more topics to talk with the youth easier than before. They talked for quite a while before hanging up.

In a good mood, Gao Chen decided not to chase that furball away in the end.

Soon the fan meeting for Blood was held and as Director He predicted, a lot of fans were disappointed that Ye Xie, the second male lead was not there.