Arc 3.2

It took 12 days to arrive at the capital. The journey was rather smooth since they had a group of mercenary protecting them along the way.

During those days, Shi Shen spent his time reading books about Chaos continent's history as well as Mana related books so that he could have a better understanding of this world.

In his world there were no theories or research studies on Mana, therefore, it counted that this was a new experience.

Besides the human race, there were elf, dwarf, dragon, sprite, and beastmen.

All of the races had a tacit understanding, not invading other territories and mind their own business.

After all, they had their own strong points so it would be better not to mess with each other.

Dwarf resided in Endless Dessert which was full of hidden dangers and they excelled in crafting especially weapons.

Meeting a dragon was not an easy feat. They almost become just a legend since not a lot of people had encountered one during this past century. Rumors said that a single fire breath from them could destroy a whole city, their scales were so hard that almost nothing could pierce through it.

Sprite had huge magical power and had a good connection with nature. Some said that they could literally control the weather according to their will.

The Elf was the master of archery. They lived deep inside the forest since they adored nature and the Elf's appearance was extremely beautiful. Their characteristics were silver hair, blue eyes, and pointy ears.

Beastmen were similar to a human in term of appearance just that each one of them had extra animal parts. They had monstrous strength and could shapeshift into their animal forms.

Nevertheless, you could still see each of the races from time to time since they too wanted to wander around the world.

Looking back at the plot, all of the love interests were humans to which Shi Shen couldn't help but feel a bit curious. He just came from a world that had 5 male leads so he did expect to see various races of the male leads entangled with one person.

Seem like He Tian got tired of seeing porn scenes almost every day that he finally chose a relatively normal world for him.

Back to the present, the moment they arrived at the capital, they immediately separated with the merchants. Howth took him and Clarice to look for an inn to stay.

After eating his fill, Howth told Shi Shen to stay behind and looked after Clarice while he went out for a bit. Since he already decided to stay here until his son graduated he would need to think about opening his business as well as buying a new house.

With a 6 years old child with him, Shi Shen decided not to go out and continued to read books waiting for him to come back.

Entrance exam would be held in 3 months but Shi Shen was not worried about his performance. All he needed to do was to have better control in using his Mana and he would be fine.

After done putting Clarice to sleep, Shi Shen was about to pick up his book when suddenly, He Tian said,’’Artemis is nearby.’’ He paused a bit then added,’’He was chased by assassins.’’

As usual, He Tian just nonchalantly reported to Shi Shen without much thought of getting any reactions from him.

But to his surprise, Shi Shen actually asked,‘’Where?’’

He Tian uttered in disbelief,’’What?’’

Shi Shen unhurriedly repeated his question,’’Where?’’