Arc 1.10

Xu Jin blinked his eyes twice then thrice trying to decipher his meanings.

‘’What does this has anything to do with your little brother? I know that you and him are on good terms during these past few months….Hey...perhaps, you don’t think that he will accompany you forever, aren’t you?’’

Looking at his friend’s face which said ‘Isn’t it obvious?’. The corner of Xu Jin’s lips twitched fiercely.

‘’I know that when you have siblings that you are really close with you will have this thought that you and them will be together in the future too but let me tell you, once we all grow up we will be separated and create our own family. Just like that damn Xu Jian, he has already said that he will marry his current girlfriend Pei I would like to see whether he can stay with that girl for another few months or not.’’

He then rambled on and on about his own little brother but Qichen didn’t register any of that into his head since he has long gone frozen after he had listened to the first half of his speech.

He has been spending a lot of time with his little brother lately that he actually forgot that one day the boy might leave him.

At the thought of not seeing him anymore, Qichen suddenly felt panic. He got used to having him by his side that he could not imagine the boy suddenly disappear from his sight.

He could be himself and felt comfortable just by being near him so he was unwilling to lose that place!

At this moment, Qichen did not realize that this feeling was not something that he should felt toward a brother but a lifelong partner.

****

Shi Shen lazily averted his eyes from the views outside the window to the man who has been staring intently at him for this whole time.

‘’What’s wrong with you?’’

To his reply, the male lead just kept on staring at him without saying anything then finally moved his gaze away.

‘’Nothing.’’

“There is definitely something!’’ He Tian’s voice echoed inside his head.

Even without him telling, Shi Shen knew that the male lead was concerning about something.

He didn’t think that Qichen had discovered about his businesses because he hid his trace very well and he believed that the male lead wouldn’t even care if he were to find out.

He also kept his promise of not getting involved with Ting Shiqing but why did he feel like Nian Qichen look thoughtfully at him like he was wondering whether he will betray him or not?

Regardless of what the reason was, he needed to eliminate the seed of doubt at all cost.

With neither low or high voice Shi Shen spoke,’’One more thing that you need to know about me is that I won’t promise anything that I cannot keep.’’

Qichen’s heart suddenly jumped due to his tone being different from usual. Slowly turning his head he immediately met with the boy’s pretty face which held a rarely seen serious expression causing him to be momentarily stunned.

The boy’s pair of big watery eyes looked calm and clear just like that time.

The time when he barged into his room and was greeted by those pair of enthralled eyes then everything between them started to change.

It felt like he had fallen under his spell once he stared straight into them.

’’Really?’’