Arc 1.5

Looking at the table full of a variety of foods, Shi Shen suddenly felt so full without even eating a single bite.

He finally opened his mouth to ask Qichen who was sitting opposite of him,” What are these?” Like he knew what the man was going to say he immediately added,” Don't tell me that they are foods.”

Hearing his last sentence, Qichen chuckled he then explained,” I want to know what is your favorite food, that’s why I told the chef to make a lot of dishes.”

Slowly raising an eyebrow, Shi Shen said in a light tone,” You can just ask me directly.”

In return, Qichen lightly shook his head,” No that’s unnecessary. I want to guess what are your favorite dishes to see our compatibility.” He then folded his arms across his chest then slightly leaned forward,” Now tell me, are there any dishes that you like?”

Looking at his smiling handsome face, the boy was helpless thus he reluctantly swept his eyes across the table then looked back at the man before him.

Qichen was eagerly waiting for his answer but all he saw was that the youth only stared blankly at him without saying anything so he couldn't help feeling that something was off.

Shi Shen felt like this was too much of a coincidence when he finally saw all the dishes on the table which made a bit hard for him to say to the male lead.

“ Seem like our compatibility is not good.” He paused for a bit then added,” There’s none.”

Qichen,”......”

Looking at the boy’s deadpan face, Qichen was momentarily speechless in which he could not find his voice to talk for a whole one minute.

Qichen squeezed out a smile then reconfirmed,” Are you kidding me? Not even a single one?”

To his reply, Shi Shen slowly nodded his head. He didn't really lie because there’s not even a single Lin Yue’s favorite dish on the table.

This showed just how much these two didn't get along with each other.

Glancing at Qichen’s awkward face, Shi Shen gave a small sigh then spoke in a nonchalant tone,” That’s why I said that you should just directly ask me.” After he finished this sentence he picked up his chopsticks then continued,” There’s no need to know my favorite dish since I pretty much can eat everything as long as they are edible.”

A frown immediately appeared on Qichen’s face,” No, since I decided to take care of you. I need to know this much so that we could enjoy eating together. Now, tell me what’s kind of food do you like?”

Once Shi Shen heard this, he suddenly halted his chopsticks that were about to pick some meat then he directed his gaze at Qichen.

Seeing his serious face the boy suddenly felt a headache so instead of answering he asked the older man a question,” What are the foods that you prohibit the chef from cooking?”

Just by hearing this sentence, Qichen almost choked on his own saliva. Their compatibility was not that bad, right?

For some reason, his parents and him could not handle spicy foods at all, just by smelling them caused the three of them to cough that’s why those type of food was prohibited in their household!

Truthfully speaking, this was not a coincidence since Lin Yue was an existence that the male lead simply detested that’s why everything he did or like was not in line with the male lead so Shi Shen was not surprised that there was nothing in common among them.

To avoid another awkward scenario, Shi Shen spoke in a mild tone,” Let’s just eat.”

Qichen also had the same thought as him thus he slightly nodded his head then began eating his food.