Arc 1.15

His melodious voice finally snapped Qichen back to his senses. He was not like in the past so he could compose himself more naturally.

He gently smiled in return going along with the other person.

''I'm fine. What's about you?''

Shi Shen casually replied,''As you can see I'm very well.''

His words stabbed Qichen right in the heart since it meant that he really means nothing to the other person. Still, he didn't show any of his real emotions on his face looking like he didn't bother with his answer at all.

Meanwhile, Shi Shen calmly observed the man before him.

Nian Qichen from 4 years ago was an exceptionally handsome young man but now that he has matured he became even more dreamy or so to say he was just like a walking pheromone.

His temperament also changed a lot, he is calmer and more composed compare to before since even after seeing him he still smiled like they didn't part on bad terms at all.

But it is also harder to make the man give up on him.

''You came without any notice so mother and father cannot come back in time but they will arrive in the evening.''

Nodding his head, Shi Shen answered,''I don't want to bother all of you so I quietly came back.''

Since Shi Shen has put it this way, Qichen wouldn't correct him either. The fact that he didn't tell that he was coming was because he didn't want to meet him.

"Anyway, why are you here so early?"

Qichen has already figured out a little about his character so he knew that Shi Shen would not hesitatingly jab him at his sore spot thus he coped much better compare to the past.

He had already known the answer but still pretended not to know.

Even if that was to be the case, Qichen didn't become flustered he just casually replied, "The meeting got canceled and I heard that you just arrived at the mansion so I came to welcome you since no one is here at the moment."

Shi Shen only replied oh seemingly like he half believed half doubtful after that he finally excused himself to his bedroom.

"Let's talk later, I'm a bit tired."

Qichen lightly hummed in agreement and let Shi Shen went into his room.

Even if the young man has already disappeared, Qichen remained motionless in his place while staring at the closed door for a long while did he finally go downstairs.

He actually expected for Shi Shen to completely ignore him but it seemed the man chose to act like nothing had happened between them instead.

Qichen bitterly laughed seem like his chance is very slim.

In the evening, Nian Qing, Qin Yifeng and Nian Qin finally came back.

They just greeted each other when another uninvited guest suddenly appeared.

Yan Ming froze in her place once her eyes landed on a certain handsome young man who looked completely different from the him in the past.

The man's appearance was outstanding which added with the graceful and elegant gestures he looked even more enchanting just that she knows the man was homosexual which cause her to lose all of her interest in him.

She didn't expect to see Lin Yue here so she was a bit stumped on how to react since she didn't keep in touch with him for all these years and even used him as an excuse to come here.