18). WILD GOOSE CHASE

"Does that hurts ? Are you ok ?" Paige asked gazing at him lifting up his shirt revealing a deep gash on his left side.

   "Naaah... I am ok." He hissed in agony as the angry wound burned his skin around it.

    "The bleeding isn't stopping ! Do something !" Paige snapped in panic at a nurse  who was tending his wounds.

    " I am doing it. The skin has been grazed away. Hold still, Mr. Scott." She said placing the antiseptic gauze over his injured place making him groaned in agony.

  Paige was holding his hand tightly bitting her lower lip to see him in to much of pain. The alcohol in the antiseptic solution was burning every inch of his skin. Ethan was struggling to keep up with this. He didn't want to seen like a chicken. Just then the door flunged opened and a blond hair girl stood in shock at the door.

 Just then the door flunged opened and a blond hair girl stood in shock at the door

     "Ethan !" She cried in horror at the sight of him. Ethan raised his head upon hearing his name. He gasped to see Rebecca standing in front of him holding her bag on her shoulder

     "Honey ? What are you doing here ?" He asked his mouth hanging open at the sight of her.

     Rebecca didn't respond but dashed in and clutched his hand. Paige let it go within seconds relief to see that his fiancee was finally here. Ethan will be able to hold onto his pain with her. Rebecca turned around and took a blood stained glaze away from the spot. She gasped in horror looking at the deep angry wound on his left side.

    "Oh my God ! How did you ? What happened ?" She cried out, getting in panic.

    "I am fine. Don't you....." Ethan began but Rebecca cut across him. She grabbed the cotton and bandages and began to deal with it herself, when the nurse raised her hand to stop her.

    "Please Miss. Let me handle it." She said sternly taking the material and contining with her  work.

   Ethan chuckled through the pain patting her Shoulder to calm her down. He plastered a soft kind smile over his face to assure her that he was ok but it didn't last much longer as he jerked up growling in another episode of pain