33). A DATE TO REMEMBER

Susan came out of the restroom and found a familiar man settled on a chair busy with something in his hands and a couple of shoppers lying around him. His head bowed that he didn't notice Susan appearing on the door of her bathroom.

   "Chace ?" She called. "Good morning !"

  Chace looked and a big cheesy smile spread across his face to see her. "Morning, Sussiee. How are you doing ?"

   Susan shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing. Just getting started."

   Chace scoffed stretching himself and Susan noticed he looked tired. Maybe he didn't had a goonight sleep. "Great. Come here, got something to show you " he patted the place behind him.

  Susan stepped forward grabbing a stool and sitting close by him. "What's with all the shoppers and what you got in your hand ?"

  Chace beamed throwing his hands back and grabbing the two parcels. He placed it in front of her.

    "Here. Something for you to wear on your date !" He smirked at her narrowing his eyes.

  Susan suddenly went pink, dropping her gaze. She could feel the heat of shyness creeping over her face and entire body on hearing the word DATE.

   "It's not a date. Just a lunch. Simple outing." She murmured enough for him to hear.

   "Yeah ? Then why my dorky friend kicked me out of the plan ? I suppose he wants some privacy with you." He said giving out a smug look at her.

" He said giving out a smug look at her

   "What ?" Susan jumped. "Mark kicked you out ? But he said, you got some work and you backed out yourself."

  Chace laughed pointing at her gloomy embrassed face. "Just kidding. I backed out myself. I think, you guys deserve some private outing."

   "Chace, you don't have to do this. You mean...." Susan began but he cut her out slamming his hand over her mouth.

     "I had to. Because even if not, one of us should stay back to cover up. So i volunteer. No more questions, ok ?"

    He kept his hand pressed until he received her reluctant nod. Smiling at her, he shoved the shoppers in her lap asking her to get a look inside. Susan decided to put it behind and reached out to open the parcel. She made a gasped as she drew out a new coat, a beautiful shirt, and a pair of stockings. She looked up in disbelief and saw Chace gleaming at her, proud of himself.

    "You bought this for me ?" She asked unbelievably.

    "Well, that couldn't be for Mark, would they ? What would he look like, running on the streets in girly stockings and coat ?"

  Susan giggled, having to imagine Mark in those set of robes. Chace share his own chuckles with her watching her growing pink again as she held the cloth upto her neck to get a good look.