47). BECAUSE I NEED YOU

Mark and Susan reached out near Rebecca's home. It was almost close to midnight. Mark had planned to head in the shadows of the night so that Susan could easily be hidden. He turned to face her who was pulling up her collar to shield her face uptil her eyes.

   "You have my extra phone ?" He asked quietly. Susan nodded

   "Good. Wait for my text. Then head upstairs using the backdoor. Here , it's a master key , I had it made way back when I was a B&E kinda guy "

  Susan was stumped at this , but she had bigger issues to sort , she nodded again clutching her hands tightly in anxiety. Mark gave her a small but loving one arm hug before heading out of the vehicle. He reached for the main door and rung the bell.

    He didn't have to wait much longer the door opened and there stood Ethan. "Oh hey man. How are you ?"

   "I'm good. I was just passing by, thought if I could give Ian a visit." Mark said politely.

   "Sure. C'mon in." Ethan opened the door wider and let him in.

  Mark walked in boldly and at once as he reached the living room, he was met by Dylan.

   "Hi." Dylan stood up stretching out his hand. Mark took it with a slight shook. "Hey man."

    Ethan invited him to sit down and faced upstairs. "Honey ! ! Mark is here !"

    Rebecca and Skyler hearing him got out of the room. Rebecca laid Ian's head back on the  pillow covering her with her sheet.

   "I will be right back, Peanut." She pecked her cheek and head out following Skyler.

    They both decend down and greeted Mark with a small smile. "Hey Mark. What brought you here ?"

    Mark shrugged his shoulder. "Yeah, I apologize for coming up so late. I was on my way home when I thought of visiting Ian. How is she doing ?"

   "Yeah,not so good...  she has high fever." Skyler said settling himself beside Dylan. "She's much too sick."

    Mark pretended to look confused.
"She had fever at the funeral too right ? Hasn't it gotten down yet?"

  Skyler shook his head making a face. "No. She's getting worse every day."

   Mark tried to pretend but somehow, listening to Ian's tragic condition he felt his inside got frozen. "I'm so sorry to hear this all. What did the doctor say?"

    "Did everything we could." Rebecca said sadly. "But she has to find her will to fight , her body won't respond untill her mind wants to heal .. it just feels like she's giving up."

   Mark sighed patting her shoulder to comfort her. "It must be really hard for her to survive , after such a great loss , I can understand what May meant to her ." He said then turning to Dylan, he added. "How are you doing ? Are you... Ok?"

    Dylan gave a small nod dropping his gaze. His inside squeezed with the thought of having May gone forever.

"I don't think I'll ever be okay ,but I'm getting by. Thanks for asking "

    "I know. I can't even imagine how you feel .. I could never understand your pain but I do understand what Love is. And to even think about loosing that , I don't know what will I do .. " Mark tried to let him feel easy.

    Dylan tried to give a small smile. "Just make sure you don't loose it ... and Thank you."

"