22). THE TIES THAT BINDS

10 YEARS AGO
             ( Before the Accident )

  The weather was cool and fresh with the sun about to set settling a perfect twilight on the fresh sky. The birds had began to crip calling out to their family to join them back in their warm nests, the stray animals running around and quietly looking for the shelter.

 The streets had started to become deserted with everyone rushing back to their families to have a peaceful weekend  but something was not right at the Brixton High Street as there was a young girl in her early 20s trembling from head to foot and keeping jogging away.

 She hustled out of a vacant bar, heading out on the main street when someone caught hold of her shaking arms and spun her around taking her round the corner where no one could see them.

   “Please sis, listen to me !” He begged in front of her scared to death himself nearly wetting his hands and hairs.

   “No ! I…. Can't…. Stop…. Please…. Goo…” she trembled again drenched in sweat in the cool night air.

 She couldn't  tear her mind away from what she just witnessed. It was horrible. It was the impossible. This couldn't be happening...this wasn't real, she kept telling herself but to her horror it wasn't. It was the truth and happened in front of her.

    “Susan… please. Help me. I need your help !” The 25 years old guy cried out of breath in front of her.

    “What…. ? What do you want ? What happened ?” Susan cried out shaking her head in front of her beloving older brother.

   “I didn't mean to….” Jake began clutching his head in his hand dripping sweat all over his head.

“It happened so suddenly… I really didn't mean to… I was just…. Just telling….”

   “Telling what ?” Susan raised her voice in complete panic. She thumped her hand on her forehead breathing heavily. “How could you do this ? This is… this is… do you realize what you have done ?”

 Jake said nothing looking back and swallowing hard. The brother and sister stood shaking from head to toe.

    “You...you can't tell anyone… nobody can know.” Jake replied raising his hand in front of her.

 Susan gasped at his stupidity. “Are you insane ? You think no one will know ? Jake are you out of your freaking mind ?”

   “Yeah for once I am !” Jake cried out loudly pulling his hair out. “ I am FREAKING out. You have no idea.”

     “Are you ? Because it's your fault and this is not a joke ! You ….. “ Susan began arching her brows at him, fresh tears beginning to built in her eyes of fear and horror. “You… really … you SHOT HER ? You pulled the trigger on her !”

   “It was an accident ! I was just holding it and please trust me...I didn't want to.. it just… happened !” The brother whimpered nervously.

 Susan let out a howl rubbing her face. It was horrible...she had never dreamt of having to see this. Jake took her arms and pulled her close to himself.

    “Trust me please. I wasn't trying….”

”