49). SKYLER'S SURPRISE

Three dresses lay scattered on the bed while Ian and Ash were hovering over it gazing at them carefully. Ian had just came home from Elliot's office signing some documents and discussing about the case. Elliot had the best news ever of telling them he had got the CCTV footage of the night Ian had confronted Jake at his house. The night when May died. He made sure he had removed the other recording and had planned to tackle the against party.

    The only problem was, if they win the case then what would happen. Ian was sure Jake wouldn't rest back and give up everything. She knew him all to well. He would had made his nasty plans the ones he calls the backup on and Ian was confident, his backup plans would be dangerous. Elliot tried to convince her to get her property next day but Ian kept on insisting that she should get it straight after the court and get it before Jake could do any further damage.

Ian couldn't risk it. If she got 100 lives to live, still she wouldn't trust Jake at all. Elliot had promised to do whatever he can to win the case legally. By the time they got up to leave, Ian held Sky aside away from Dylan. She begged him to just her let her go alone after the locker if they win the case but Skyler was stubborn and in the end, Ian and Sky made peace that only the two of them would head towards the bank where the locker was kept.

It had been three days, Ian was missing Rebecca dearly. She had been noticing her strange behavior. Not only her even Skyler was reading her. Rebecca's continous absence, not appearing at lunch or dinner, coming home late at night. Busy on her laptop and working something on her cellphone. Rebecca was showing least interest in everything else rather then her own work.

In the morning when Rebecca was getting dressed, Ian had caught her and almost plead her to come with her to Elliot but she refused telling she was busy with heavy schedule. Feeling a bit hurt, Ian went only with Sky and Dylan. Ethan noticing his wife offered to go with them but Ian politely refused telling him he must attend his classes.

It was half pass 1 in the afternoon and Ian and Ash were settled in one of Rebecca's bedroom where Ian was staying deciding which dress Ian should wear for tonight's date with Skyler.

   "Why can't you go with the green ?" Ash pointed lazily.

   Ian pursed her lips. "I dont know. It feels a bit odd. "

   "What did Skyler actually say to you ?" Ash leaned forward.

Ian rolled her eyes. "He asked me to wear something good, like a formal date. He himself is wearing tux."

"Tux ? Where are you both going ? To the Royal Ball ?" Ash widened her eyes.

Ian shrugged her shoulder. "He wouldn't tell me where. He just said be ready by 9 pm."

"9!" Ash got another shock. "It's so late. I honestly don't know what he's upto. That butthead."

Ian passed a smile and crouch again go guess what to where. They heard and faint knock and a clearing of throat making both of them look up.

"Dylan." Ash greeted waving at him.